Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen: V Day Part 2

As I was walking out of the coffee shop, I got a text.

The Cool One: Hey, I got you a Valentine's present. It's in our bedroom on your table. Make sure you open it before I pick you up.

The Nice One: Okay. I'm sorry. I don't have anything to give you.

The Cool One: Yes you do, Jimmy. I'm looking forward to opening it.

Laughing at how cheesy this was, I stopped into the campus gift shop and bought long stemmed roses, even though I knew it was lame. I was eager and kind of freaked out all at the same time.

I knew it would be a Valentine's Day I'd never forget.

===

When I got home, Sammy was still asleep in his room. I peeked in to see if he was okay. I put a glass of water by his bed and the medicine bottle. I smoothed his bangs out of his face and he smiled in his sleep.

In my room, there was a small cube shaped package wrapped in shiny red paper with a bow.

I slowly opened it, wondering how I was supposed to feel.

It was a douche.

And a bottle of carrot cake flavored lube.

===

After a very strange and extremely uncomfortable half hour in the bathroom, which needed a few incognito mode assisted tutorial videos to accomplish, I was ready.

Showered, clean, with a decent splash of my favorite cologne. I brushed my teeth again and again. In my room, I put on my black jeans, belt, and a tight black shirt. Nice white sneakers. My hair was as good as I could get it. Gargled. Put the lube in my pocket.

The Cool One: I'm in the parking lot. You ready?

The Nice One: Be there in a second.

I grabbed the roses and stepped out of my bedroom.

Face to face with Sammy.

Well almost face to face. He came up to about my adam's apple.

"Oh. You look....so good, Jimmy." I know I really did because he was blushing deep red. "Where are you going?"

"Out....ummmm... with Jeremy. We might not..ummm... be back later tonight. I don't really know." I couldn't look at him, so I looked at my shoes. One of them was untied.

Sammy saw what I was looking at, smiled sadly at me, and bent down to tie it.

I watched him, my blood going cold.

He stood up.

"You feeling okay?" I could barely breathe for some reason.

"Yeah. Better. Have fun, Jimmy. Thanks again for taking care of me this morning."

He went slowly back into his room.

And I went out the front door, my feelings and thoughts jangled and painful.

=

I was even more confused when I got in Jeremy's car. He was wearing basketball shorts and a tank top.

"Damn, Jimmy. Way to make a guy feel underdressed." He laughed, and all of a sudden I felt like throwing up. I tried to hide the roses, but how the hell do you hide roses?

"For me? Weird, but thanks!" He took them and smelled them dramatically. Gestured with his chin to the camera on the dashboard.

"Anything for you, babe," I quipped, appropriate for our videos. He nodded and gave me a sexy look, before he leaned over and turned it off.