Two

Chapter Two: College is a Shipper's Paradise

"James Nelson?"

"Here. It's Jimmy."

"Okay...Jimmy," the British Romantics teacher said, scratching his head, clearly uncomfortable with the digital attendance on the screen in front of him. He was probably as old as Shakespeare himself. "I'll try and remember. I'm not sure I can change anything here on my end..." He touched a few buttons and the smartboard went blank. There were a few hastily smothered chuckles.

I was surprised more kids didn't laugh, but it was college, not high school. Supposedly people were more mature. Kenny jumped up from his seat, and bounced his way to the front of the room. Quite a few girls turned their heads as the fresh faced sunny blonde joked with the grateful professor using his tech wizardry to fix the screen in seconds.

"He turned it off by accident," Kenny murmured as he passed, dragging his fingers slowly against Sammy's cheek. The golden eyed boy sat next to me, and Jeremy sat behind me. Kenny plopped down behind Sammy and proceeded to give the boy a massage from behind. Sammy hissed and scooted his desk out of the way. He was a very reluctant participant in our shipping plan for pussy domination.

"Come on baby, don't be like that," Kenny teased, and again there were a few smothered giggles from some girls nearby.

I grinned, facing the teacher, who was now blabbing about the agenda or whatever. Boys love, as a strategy to connect with girls, seemed more effective than even Stella had guessed. But it didn't hurt that all four of us now were in shape, had perfectly clear skin, good hair and an indulgently pricey wardrobe thanks to slinging slushies.

I even stood in front of our dorm apartment mirror this morning, shocked at how good I looked. I'd gone from a five to an eight. Maybe...maybe a nine.

"You're a Greek god," Sammy had muttered, in his tatty old bathrobe, on the way to the kitchen for his first of many cups of coffee necessary to start the day.

"I am...I really am," I agreed, turning around and admiring myself.

Now, I smiled smugly at Kenny, giving him low hi five, winking at the girl two rows over, before snagging my old laptop to take some notes. But just as my fingers touched the keys, the smile drifted off my face.

Seemed like Jeremy decided Kenny had the right idea. He was sitting forward, and I could feel his strong fingers squeezing and kneading the muscles on the back of my neck. I felt those same fingers drift inside the collar of my tshirt to reach the skin there on my spine.

I shivered, then tried to hide it with a laugh.

At the end of the hour and half long class, the professor made all of us share one thing that we cared about. I groaned inwardly, because I mean..come on.

"This semester we'll study Byron's love poems, and if you don't know what's important to you, you'll never be able to understand his special words."

Kids were more serious than I expected. One girl said her family. One boy said Jesus, which made me want to throw up. Nothing wrong with religion, but sometimes it just seemed that people went crazy about it. Another girl said 'surprises', in a weird, baby doll voice, and glanced at Jeremy. He smiled at her, slouched down his seat, dimples in his cheeks. For some reason my nose twitched, and I sneezed in her direction.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized, trying not to laugh at the disgusted look on her face. I just hate it when people are so freaking fake.

"Cover your mouth, dumbass!" She screeched. "I don't want your covid germs."