Three

Chapter Three: Home Again Home Again

After the first week of school, instead of rocking some kind of college party and testing out our new bro tacular vibes on scores of girls, the four of us sat around the same kitchen table in Sammy's house where we had dinners most Friday nights from second grade on.

Three extra large pizzas. One veggie in tribute to our squad's creator Stella. One all sausage to signify the ... well you know, at the table. And one seafood lovers, with clams and shrimp on a white sauce, an homage of some kind to Boardwalk Bros new name.

"This is your one cheat night," Cody warned us. "Seriously, bros. If you want to keep the hoes on your dicks, you can't get sloppy with your diet."

"One cheat night a the week isn't so bad." Kenny said, shoving two pieces of pizza into his mouth at once. I laughed, because it was gross, but still kind of funny.

"One cheat night a month, idiot," Cody said, eating a small slice of the veggie.   "You think these abs just magically appear? You have to sweat and sacrifice."

"That sounds like way too much work. Pizza is better than girls anyway," Jeremy retorted, looking to me for agreement, which I readily gave. The pizza was heavenly, literally dripping with grease, after a week of eating off Cody's prescribed menu, only green smoothies, hard boiled eggs, turkey breast lettuce wraps and quinoa salad. Jeremy held out a slice for me, and I took a huge bite. "My baby needs his junk food."

Stella laughed. "I saw you guys on Instagram stories. The clip of you kissing Jimmy has passed over twenty thousand views in less than a week."

"How's that paying off for you, Jeremy?" Cody asked. He completely ignored the heated argument between Sammy and Kenny over who'd eaten more pizza that one time in fifth grade at Jonny Keller's birthday party. I knew it was Kenny, but it was an age old debate.

My best friend shrugged nonchalantly and leaned back in his chair. "I don't need to brag."

"What?" Stella gasped. "Seriously? How many?"

Jeremy counted on one hand, and then the other, ticking off his fingers and stopping at eight. Cody rolled his eyes.

My stomach soured a little. The pizza was totally giving me acid indigestion.

"What about you Jimmy? The buzz is you got together with Nelly."

I shrugged. I was offered more numbers and Insta handles than I could count, but I hadn't pursued any because I wanted to take my time. And you know, I did just start college, and my parents were paying a pretty penny for it, so I should take it somewhat seriously.

It totally wasn't because I kept dreaming about Nelly. About her huge tits in my face and her wet pussy in my fingers. They totally weren't nightmares. Not at all. It was cool. My first quickie. It could only go up from there, pun definitely intended.

Sammy stood up without any warning, wiped his hands on his grungy jeans, and walked out into the garage. He did that all the time. Just left the scene without saying a word. Grumpy introvert was a perfect persona for him.

Kenny kissed Stella on the cheek, which made her groan with disgust and Cody swat him. Jeremy gave me a signal and we stood up too, moving toward the garage door where Sammy had exited.

"Thanks for the pizza," I said with my usual smile.

"Such a Disney prince, Jimmy," Stella said beaming at me.

"Just because he shows the bare minimum of manners?" Her boyfriend muttered.

"Well, compared to my brother, he's freaking Tom Hanks' level of niceness." She laughed, waving us on. "You guys spending the night here?" Her parents often got freaky at a hotel every now and then. So the house was empty. "No parties. Seriously. Cody and I will be in my room."