One

Chapter One: Time to Glow Up

Sammy nudged Kenny in the ribs and whispered in his ear. I watched and knew it was going to be an epic fail, but decided to just sit back and laugh my ass off.

Kenny leaned across the slushie counter, smirking at the girl standing in front, about to pay, ready to tap her debit card on the machine. She was the typical kind of girl on the beach  boardwalk today. Every one of them looked the same. Bright eyes, huge smile, long hair, carefully made up face, long tan legs and a fine ass covered in short shorts. And don't forget two gigantic tits pushing out of a miniscule shiny bikini top. At least that's all I saw. And definitely all Kenny saw since his eyes were glued to the girl's mounds.

"Are you a communist?" My friend asked the girl breathlessly.

"Ummm, what?" Incredulous, but knowing there was a punch line coming.

Sammy snickered as Kenny glanced at him, and then fed her the rest of his borrowed pick up line. "Cause I feel an uprising in my lower class."

"Nice," the girl said, rolling her eyes. "How romantic. Can I have my slushie now please?"

She walked away, sucking on the straw, giving the rest of us at the slushie stand an excellent view of her backside.

Kenny pushed Sammy hard on the shoulder. "Douche! What the fuck!? You said that would totally work?"

"And you trusted him? Who's the douche, again?" Jeremy muttered from his spot in the corner, on the stool, in the shade, glued to his phone. He didn't need to participate fully, this same conversation happened again and again. It was always the same, Sammy and Kenny messing with each other, none of us scoring socials from any of the hot girls who approached our kiosk.

"Why lookee here, four hot and steamy guys, all for me?" A redhead in a barely there crop top crowed at the top of her lungs, slamming her hand on the counter, checking around her on the boardwalk to see if there was any kind of reaction. Everyone streaming by ignored her completely.

"What do you want, Stella?" I tried to be polite. Sammy's older sister wasn't a complete whore, but she loved to mess with us and it got old.

"Nothing I guess, with that kind of customer service...Jeeze Jimmy, if this is how you treat a classy lady, a total ten," She blew on her nails. "Then no wonder you've got a body count lower than...ummm? What's the number less than one?"

Sammy and Kenny kept bickering, completely ignoring the drama with the red head. But Jeremy sat up, put away his phone in his pocket, and nudged me a little out of the way, locking eyes with the ginger monster.

"You gotta problem with Jimmy? Why don't you take a hike, if you don't want to buy anything. Leave my poor boy alone."

I snickered, as she stuck her tongue out at my best friend. "Always so protective of your little wifey poo, aren't you, Germy Jeremy."

Jeremy shrugged. Never too bothered with her teasing. "He's a better alternative to a skank like you."

"Watch it, little boy," This wasn't Stella, but came from a tall, built blonde guy, pecs and abs out for all the world to see and admire.

"It's fine, Cody," Stella grossed us all out by tongue kissing her boyfriend, while he squeezed her cushy ass. "I'm just playing around with my baby brother and his harem of losers."

I fist bumped Cody, who leaned against the counter, surveying the girls as they walked past, noting the throngs of thongs with the vague disinterest of someone in a years-long steady relationship. Stella grabbed the purple slushy that Kenny reluctantly passed her. She was after all the one who got us this job working on the boardwalk, which definitely got us closer to any actions we'd ever seen working as night clean up crew at the drive in. We owed her, but she didn't have to be such a freaking princess about it.