"N-Nico, please." She begged, hoping for some mercy. "H-He's bleeding-He won't... He won't make it, Nicolai, please. Please?" She begged but Nicolai looked at her blankly and she felt the stinging hurt in her heart.

She realized that Nicolai won't help.

He won't.

"Nicolai, PLEASE!" She begged before looking back at Anthony who was wheezing, trying to breathe. "Anthony. Anthony? Don't... Don't sleep, please? Just stay awake. Try to stay awake. Tony, please."

Anthony looked at Isabella, he was in a daze and his eyes were filled with tears. He looked scared. He looked so vulnerable. Isabella knew he was scared of death. She knew. He knew that she knew.

"Don't sleep." She begged him.

He reached for her with his bloodied hand and placed it on her cheek. A single tear fell down followed by another and then another.

"Isabel, I-I'm..." Anthony heaved out desperately.

Isabella gripped his bloodied hand with such an overwhelming fear and grief. "Don't leave." Isabella whispered. "Not again."

Not when you'll leave and go to a place I could never reach.

Anthony narrowed his eyes slightly, as though he was desperately ordering his body to move but now it won't listen. "I-I'm..."

Suddenly, she was hauled away from him aggressively by Nicolai, causing her to thrash in his arms.

"Let go!" She exclaimed, trying to reach out to Anthony who was looking at her with the same bloodied hand reaching out.

"I'm sorry." Nicolai whispered in her ear, grunting as she tried to fight him back. "I'm sorry, Izzy."

Soon, Anthony's hand slowly lowered until it reached the cold bloodied floor, and his eyes, the same eyes that held that soft and gentle gaze that he once used whenever he looked at her, drooped a little, losing his focus on them- on her. But his mouth moved.

With all his might, he poured all his strength on what he wanted to say with his last final breath.

"I'm sor..."

He couldn't finish it because he now lied lifeless on the floor. Death finally took mercy on him and took him away from the living. From them.

From her.

Isabella suddenly felt numb. It was as though the icy floor that she had been skating for so long finally cracked under the pressure, causing her to fall and be embraced in the cold and numbness.

Anthony.

His warmth that melts winter and brings spring into her life, making hope and love bloom like the beautiful flowers of spring, the man who holds her anchor down whenever she drifts into her own ocean of despair, her brother who never would have died if not for her.

"The gunshot's loud and soon everything would be according to her plan." Nicolai whispered, hauling her to her feet and grabbing her arm to pull her out of the room.

"Come now, Izzy. There's no use crying over a dead man."

That snapped her out of her stupor. She punched him the moment he lowered his guard. "You fucking son of a bitch!" She exclaimed in anger before trying to push him away from her. Her lips wobbled and she couldn't help but cry again from the overwhelming anger that she felt. "You expect me not to mourn for my brother?" She asked in disbelief.

Nicolai growled and grabbed her more harshly than before, trying to pull her away from Anthony- sweet brother of hers.

"Were you the one who moved the guards away from this house?" She demanded. "So that you could do this?"

"I only want what's best for you." Nicolai said desperately.

"What's best for me?" Her voice were shaky and held so much pain and suffering that she couldn't believe it was her own voice.

"What's best for you." He repeated before pulling her down the stairs in her bloodied dress and her bloodied hands.

She was shaking from fear, from anger from... Absolutely everything. Why was she pushed around like this? Why end it like this?

Damn.

She could hear people running back to the house and she knew she lost.

She lost this game.

_______

Byeeee Anthony (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

Soooooo, how was it?

Look, before all of you get mad or sad or both, hear me out •́⁠ ⁠ ⁠‿⁠ ⁠,⁠•̀

It was needed. Anthony had to go. Now, I shall give everyone some tissue boxes FOR FREE as consolation. How's that? (⁠人⁠ ⁠•͈⁠ᴗ⁠•͈⁠)

Sorry for the mistakes here but I hope you enjoyed it (⁠ㆁ⁠ω⁠ㆁ⁠)