Chapter 39

Days after Isabella's grandmother, Isabella cried when someone told her that Nicolai had indeed left her alone. The boy had flee somewhere in secret. He didn't even say goodbye to her. There were no farewell letters or anything.

He just left.

Nicolai left her to wonder alone. She thought that he was not going down without a fight. But he left without even saying anything.

Not only that but her family was ignoring her. Well, they were ignoring also ignoring each other. The only people she sees and greets in the house was Dmitri and Rafael.

"I won't forgive him..." Isabella said to Rafael as the man placed breakfast on her plate.

Now that Isabella thought about it, Rafael felt more like a caretaker than a bodyguard. He doesn't have the same aura as Dmitri does.

Rafael looks at her. "Aww, Bella." He cooed sadly. He hates seeing Isabella this dejected. Nicolai was her only friend and he's the only one who could somehow sympathize with her. But he's gone now and she's all alone again. "You know that it isn't his fault."

Isabella knows that.

Of course she knows that. She knows that Nicolai didn't really have a choice in this issue of theirs. However, Isabella's hope was just too high that she began to imagine Nicolai barging in and demanding her grandmother the right to be together with her.

Isabella sighed disappointedly. "I know that." She said begrudgingly.

Her family has also magically disappeared. It's like everyone she ever loved has disappeared like a fart in the wind.

It's all her grandmother's fault. With just her presence, she turned the whole house upside down!

"I should have said something when she was here." Isabella muttered spitefully, not realizing that her voice was loud enough for Rafael to hear.

"Off with your heads!" Someone said, acting condescendingly. Isabella Rafael turned their heads to look for the owner of that voice and saw Dmitri entering the dining room with a grin. He seemed to be the only one unaffected by the sudden change, which wasn't surprising because the only thing he cares about is his job. Which was Isabella's safety. For him, the rest can go fuck off.

It wasn't his problem in the first place, why would it become his problem now?

As long as Isabella's safe or as long as she doesn't kill herself then it's fine who disappears and who dies.  His only priority was Isabella's life.

Everyone knows that.

"That's what your dear grandma would say." Dmitri said happily, marching towards them with no shame whatsoever. "She won't hesitate to do it."

Isabella knows that the crazy woman won't hesitate. She didn't even hesitate when she stopped Nicolai from seeing her. Why would that woman hesitate in killing her granddaughter?

Rafael glared at Dmitri, placing his hand on his hip. "You're not helping." He scolded him. "This is a serious problem and you're not taking it seriously."

Dmitri shrugged, deciding to sit beside Isabella. "I am taking it seriously."

Rafael sighed resignedly, shaking his head. Why was he expecting so much from Dmitri? He doesn't care if it's a serious problem or not. The only serious problem for him would be Isabella's well-being.

"Her friend is gone, her family's not talking to her and here you are smiling like nothing happened." Rafael muttered, huffing problematically. "This is seriously messed up."

"And what are we supposed to do, hm? Wait for miracle?" Dmitri took a piece of bacon from the little girl's plate and shoved it in his mouth. "This is out of our hands, sir. We can't do anything at this point. We might as well call ourselves dead because the head of this family's seriously looking at us now and that always doesn't go well."