Chapter 181: Heading to the bank

The wooden box was neither big nor small. In addition, it looked quite ordinary. However, within it were the thousand silver taels Le Yao Yao received from the Emperor and the rare precious valuables that the Dowager Empress had bestowed her.

It was her retirement fund.

Back in the 21st century, she had a rich dad who gave her everything. As a result, she never had to worry about money and didn't have much concept of it either.

But ever since she arrived in Prince Rui's residence, Le Yao Yao finally experienced the true meaning of "a coin can force a man to death".

Sadly, although she had money now, she couldn't redeem her body until three years later.

But, the three years will probably past by no time. She must endure!

Putting her money underneath the bed was not very safe though. Thieves probably wouldn't dare to enter Ya Feng Ge, but she should take preventative measures.

Thinking of this, Le Yao Yao looked out the window. It was currently around noon. So, she should put the money in a bank. Or else, she will not be able to sleep in peace.

Hence, Le Yao Yao emptied all the items from the wooden box onto the table. Then, she put everything on a huge cloth and wrapped it into a bundle as she stuffed it in her arms.

Then, Le Yao Yao went to the chief manager to get the exit pendant as she rushed towards the direction of the bank.

Le Yao Yao was extremely cautious while walking. Most likely, it was because she was carrying a lot of valuables. Her bright eyes were alert as she scanned her surroundings repeatedly. She was worried that she would become a victim of local gangsters. She didn't want them to take away all her money.

Fortunately, since it was so early during the day, the local gangsters were probably not out yet. Usually, they don't come out until after the Sun sets.

But, unfortunately for Le Yao Yao, human calculations were no match for Heaven's calculations.

By no means did Le Yao Yao expect a thunderstorm would occur while she was halfway there.

Furthermore, it wasn't a normal thunderstorm. There was violent wind, and lightning roaring over the sky continuously.

The sound was so frightening that it literally sounded as if the sky was going to split in half.

Although the violent rain ruined her plan, Le Yao Yao did not retreat. She hurriedly ran underneath a roof to get shelter.

Le Yao Yao stared around and noticed that everybody was running away from the clamorous streets. No one expected such heavy rain. Within a few minutes, the streets were empty.

Aside from the violent rain, there was also a freezing wind sweeping back and forth.

Since it was Summer, Le Yao Yao only had a thin layer of clothing on. By now, half her body was drenched. With the chilly wind, she couldn't stop shivering.

So, she tried to tightly hold onto her collar as she rubbed her hands together to keep warm. She really prayed that the rain will stop!

Sadly, the rain continued for a few more hours. By now, the Sun was setting.

Although the rain had stopped, there were still layers of gloomy clouds in the sky. They looked like a grey whirlpool; making it very suffocating for others to look at.

By now, the streets were practically overflowing. After all, in the ancient era, they didn't really have a sewage system. It was a mess to walk through.