Chapter 158: Nian Sulan

"Sweetie, you've finally returned. Your aunt misses you dearly!"

The Dowager Empress tightly held onto Sulan's hand as she exclaimed.

"Aunt! Lan'er also misses you!"

"If you miss aunt, then why haven't you returned during these past five years?!"

"Aunt, it's not that Lan'er didn't want to return. Aunt is aware how much Lan'er loves to dance. If Lan'er had not mastered her skills at the Jing Hong Institution, Lan'er would have been an embarrassment if she had returned."

"Oh dear....."

"Aunt, don't be angry! From now on, Lan'er pledges that she will remain by your side...."

"Haha..."

The Dowager Empress and Lan'er had finally reunited after five years. Seeing this, Leng Zi Hao was delighted.

"It has been five years. Cousin Lan has turned into a sweet, fair, and graceful woman. Your stunning performance must have stolen countless hearts away."

"Cousin Emperor, please don't tease Lan'er." Nian Sulan blushed.

The Emperor and the Dowager Empress continued to converse with Sulan. Below, the music and dancing resumed.

However, no one was interested in the performances anymore. Everyone was busy discussing the beauty by the Dowager Empress's side.

Especially the men. After all, noblemen all desired beauties. Although men wanted wise and virtuous women as wives, the hot ones stimulated their beastly sides!

Based on everyone's comments, Le Yao Yao found out that the lady in red was the Dowager Empress's brother's daughter. The Dowager Empress's brother and his wife passed away many years ago. Hence, their daughter became an orphan. So, the Dowager Empress pitied the child and raised her as her own. In no time, twelve years had gone by. Sources say that Sulan loved dancing and requested to attend the Jing Hong Institution to study dance.

In society, everyone wanted their sons to be dragons and their daughters to be phoenixes. All wealthy parents were willing to pay whatever price it took in order to gain a spot in the Jing Hong Institution. After all, those who graduated from the institution were giants amongst men.

However, the Jing Hong Institution was a reputable name. They had heaps of applicants. As a result, money wasn't enough to guarantee a spot.

Those who were accepted into the institution were personally selected by the teachers. All applicants had to go through an audition process to demonstrate their abilities and talents. If the teachers wanted them, they would be taken under their wings and trained.

No wonder her performance was so spectacular! She had trained in the Jing Hong Institution for the past five years!

After listening to all the gossips around her, Le Yao Yao couldn't help but gaze at the lady in red again.

She noticed that although the lady in red was by the Dowager Empress's side, her eyes kept turning towards the King of Hell.

Looks like this Nian Sulan is interested in the King of Hell...

The Dowager Empress's birthday banquet continued for the entire night. It wasn't over until everyone had finished their dinner.

Since Le Yao Yao had been super busy planning and preparing the plays lately, she was exhausted.

She had stood for the whole day, and now her back and waist were sore. She was walking very sloppily.

Currently, she was following the nobles as they left the Hall.