Chapter 144: Planning for the Dowager Empress

Dongfang Bai's medical clinic will soon open after the renovations are completed.

In regards to this, everyone was very excited.

At the same time, the Dowager Empress's birthday was coming up in ten days.

Since the Dowager Empress's birthday was fast approaching, the servants in Prince Rui's residence were getting busier.

From others, Le Yao Yao found out that the current Dowager Empress was the previous Empress. She was the current Emperor's biological mother.

Sources say that although the late Emperor had many concubines, he was excessively fond of the Dowager Empress. Many envied her.

In addition, although Prince Rui wasn't her biological son, she treated him like he was her own.

So, each year, the Dowager Empress's birthday was a huge deal to not only the country, but in Prince Rui's residence. Everyone was making preparation for this event.

Based on how much the King of Hell cared, it was obvious how highly he viewed the Dowager Empress.

Currently, it was exactly noon and the Sun was shining gloriously.

It was so strong that there was a roasted smell outside.

The blistering heat was very good at making others feel agitated and sleepy. Right now, that was how Le Yao Yao felt.

She was obediently doing her job and serving at the corner of the Study. The men were discussing amongst themselves. On the other hand, she kept dozing off. Her head kept touching against her chest.

Ai, these days, she was way too tired.

For some reason, she never felt like she had enough sleep.

Especially in the morning. If she didn't have to serve and dress the King of Hell, she would have no trouble sleeping in.

But recently, after what had happened at the Ruyi tavern, the King of Hell had been giving her the cold face.

Although Le Yao Yao was still not used to this, at least the King of Hell wasn't forcing her to do anything anymore.

That was a good thing, right?

While Le Yao Yao was thinking on the inside, her mind felt very heavy. She couldn't stop yawning

Since Le Yao Yao looked like a chicken pecking on rice, Leng Jun Yu, Nangong Jun Xi, and Dongfang Bai naturally all noticed it.

"Hey, Xiao Zhu Zi, have you been working as a thief at night?"

Nangong Jun Xi had to insult Le Yao Yao on a daily basis. He was too used to it.

In addition, he wasn't an idiot. He noticed his senior brother had changed a lot. Leng Jun Yu was colder than ever. Now, he was literally like an icicle when talking to Xiao Zhu Zi.

Nangong Jun Xi was very curious as to why his senior brother was acting like this.

This change occurred after that night at the Ruyi tavern.

Nangong Jun Xi was positive that his senior brother's change had something to do with Xiao Zhu Zi.

But regardless of how much he tried to snoop, his senior brother refused to tell him. It was driving him nuts!

As for Le Yao Yao, she was raging on the inside.

Damn it! F**k this slave owning society! Even my name could be change whenever he wanted it!

Pig?! (Zhu means pig in Chinese)

You're the pig!

Your whole family are pigs!