Chapter 145: The steamed dumplings

Nangong Jun Xi could tell Le Yao Yao was trying to provoke him.

But he honestly didn't believe Le Yao Yao had the abilities to succeed this time!

Because the Dowager Empress was a very picky lady. For the past few years, she was dissatisfied with the performances on her birthday.

"So what if you messed it up?"

"Oh? To respond to the 7th Prince, if servant messed it up, that's not servant's fault. After all, 7th Prince is pushing this task onto servant."

All of a sudden, Le Yao Yao acted like an innocent puppy as she blinked her bright pupils in a pitiful manner.

"You little servant! Dream on! If things go well, you get a reward. But if things go badly, you're putting the blame on me?"

"Well then, servant will not help out. What a pity. Servant had just thought of a terrific idea. I guess it's no longer necessary Ohhhhhh dearrrrrrrr!"

Le Yao Yao purposely stretched out her sigh and pretended to look very regretful.

Seeing how Le Yao Yao was deliberately putting on an act, Nangong Jun Xi was irritated to the max.

"Oh, brother Yao, do you really have a terrific idea?" Dongfang Bai's tone was very warm and thick. It was comparable to gentle creek water flowing by.

"Yes, have you ever heard of 'Wu Song hit the tiger'?"

"Wu Song hit the tiger?"

"How about 'Eight stars to congratulate'?"

"No."

Dongfang Bai wasn't the only one who was puzzled. Nangong Jun Xi was bewildered as well.

"Xiao Zhu Zi, how come I have never heard of these plays before?"

"Haha. Of course! This servant knows a lot more things than you think, 7th Prince!"

"Keep talking big! Sounding good is one thing, but the content and whether the Dowager Empress will like it is another! We'll see about that!"

"7th Prince, this servant is not talking big! You will find out in the future!"

"Alright. This Prince will be waiting!"

From the start to finish, the King of Hell never said a word.

But no one noticed that while Le Yao Yao and Nangong Jun Xi were bickering, he was secretly gazing at Le Yao Yao's proud and confident face from the corners of his eyes.

For a hundred silver taels, Le Yao Yao was going to go all out!

Since there were only ten days left before the event, Le Yao Yao was tight on time. As a result, the King of Hell gave Le Yao Yao permission off from serving him so that she could focus on this important task instead.

Although the King of Hell didn't participate in their conversation, he silently agreed to allow her to take part. This was shocking to Le Yao Yao because it meant he trusted that she could do a good job.

For this event, Le Yao Yao intentionally chose a few famous Beijing operas. Then, she personally compiled the whole set for the theatrical group.

This was nothing new to her, as she had often participated in performance activities back in the 21st century.

Nangong Jun Xi and Dongfang Bai would often come by to watch the practices.

Nangong Jun Xi went because he didn't believe Le Yao Yao's abilities. After all, in his eyes, Le Yao Yao was merely a little servant. How much could a servant know? If anything, he only possessed some street smarts.