Chapter 93: Thinking of strategies

Leng Jun Yu was surprised by this strange thought.

What's with him these days? Why does he always have these weird thoughts?

As for Nangong Jun Xi, he stood up from the ground and patted the dust off himself. Then, he said to Leng Jun Yu, "I was just playing with the servant." Afterwards, Nangong Jun Xi changed the topic, "Senior brother, I heard from the other eunuchs that another ten maidens have been found dead in the east side of the Capital. Is it true?!"

"Yes. Earlier today, ten were found. If we include the twenty four from before, that's already thirty four victims. Don't tell me this evil cult could make themselves invisible? How could they appear and disappear whenever they want? What must we do in order to wipe them out?"

Based on the frigid aura Prince Rui was emitting, it was obvious that he was enraged.

After all, this was happening in the Heaven Yuan dynasty. The Heaven Yuan dynasty belonged to the Leng Clan. Clearly, the evil cult didn't respect them at all as they were slaughtering their people without blinking.

In regards to this, no one said a word. Ultimately, Leng Jun Yu returned back to his Study. He left with Nangong Jun Xi. Before departing, he warned others not to disturb them. They had to think of strategies to defeat the evil cult.

After Le Yao Yao had completed all her tasks, Leng Jun Yu and Nangong Jun Xi were still in the Study. She had no idea when they were going to come out.

Since she was bored, Le Yao Yao went to look for Xiao Mu Zi.

At this time, Xiao Mu Zi was also finished with his tasks for the day. He was currently sitting under the tree for shade.

Seeing this, Le Yao Yao ran over and casually sat down next to him. She wanted to hear what everyone else was talking about.

However, despite all the other things that were happening around the Capital, no one could shift away from the scooping heart topic.

Le Yao Yao didn't want to hear such depressing news, so she decided to go elsewhere with Xiao Mu Zi. Unexpectedly, the moment she stood up, she overheard Xiao Li Zi speaking from the side.

"Ai, there has been so many maiden deaths lately, I'm afraid they're not going to host the talent show this year! I was looking forward to this lively event!"

"I don't think they're going to host it. Currently, all the families with unmarried daughters are either rushing to marry them off or hiding them in deep, secluded places. They're worried their daughters will become the next victims."

"Yeah. Yesterday, when I returned to visit home and my mother told me my next door neighbour's daughter is only thirteen this year. I had always considered her my little sister, sadly, she'll be sent off to marry an idiot from the west side of the Capital tomorrow. Her entire future is ruined."

"That's not too bad. At least she can grow old with the idiot. My cousin is marrying a sixty something old man today. She's going to be his 18th mistress! I feel so sorry for her"

"Yeah. I don't think they'll be hosting the talent show this year. After all, who would dare to participate now? Everyone is in a state of fear."

Hearing all these eunuchs gossiping evoked Le Yao Yao's curiosity. She immediately asked, "What talent show?"

"Xiao Yao Zi, you don't even know about this?!"

Everyone was surprised by Le Yao Yao's question. But Xiao Mu Zi knew that ever since Le Yao Yao's head injury, he had lost all his previous memories. So, he explained everything he knew about the talent show to Le Yao Yao in details.