Thirty six

Friday.

The day had finally arrived. The fate behind Danielle waking up was something beyond heartbreaking. If she woke up, she would be upset due to all the moments she's missed. If she didn't then all her friends and family would have lost the sole reason they had happiness in their lives.

Friday.

It was finally time.

Everyone began making their way over to the hospital, lingering outside Danielle's room, taking turns to say goodbye in case the worst took over.

Evelyn was sitting on the chair next to Danielle's bed, along with Alex in her lap. Stefania paced outside the room, giving everyone a moment.

"Stef, it's time." Jessica whispered, gently touching the millionaire's shoulder, snapping her out of the thoughts that were drowning her.

Stefania turned around, facing the room, when she saw all her friends and family standing aside, making a path for the Italian to walk through.

She took a deep breath, knowing this could be one of the happiest days of her life or one of the worst.

The brunette felt every feeling in the book, yet the only one that lingered through her body was Hope.

Hope
/hōp/
noun

          1. A feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.

"Hope" is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

- Emily Dickinson.

The moment was finally here. Time slows down, and pressure builds higher and higher. Was this the moment?

As Stefania walked into the hospital room, she saw Jessica and a team of doctors and nurses waiting to assist when needed.

"Stef, whenever you're ready." Jessica spoke out, waiting for the millionaire's response.

Moment after moment, her heart beat faster. She stared at her girlfriend's lifeless body as tears filled her eyes.

"Mama." she felt a little hand touch hers. Stefania looked down, causing the tears to escape her eyes and said "Do it."

The Italian picked her daughter up and walked over to Evelyn. Alex jumped into Evelyn's lap for a cuddle as the procedure went on.

"She will flat line before her heart beats on its own. But if she surpasses the two-minute mark of the flatline, we'll have to put her back on. Meaning she couldn't survive on her own." Jessica said waiting for the brunette to respond.

The Italian simply nodded. "Sandy, go stay with auntie Barrett and auntie Sarah." Stefania spoke out, having the little girl get up and walk over to her aunties that waited outside. Jessica began the process of removing the photographer from the ventilator and the rest of the machines.

Time stopped. Memories of the couple flashed throughout the millionaire's head.

Nine months ago...

"Baby! I ran to the store and got these. Are these good?" Stefania said placing the grocery bag on the counter.

"Yes my love, can you pass me those lentils, please." Danielle chuckled at the stress that laced her girlfriend's voice.

Stefania handed the lentils over to the blonde and simply smiled at how she was so dedicated to make this dinner.

Danielle continued to chop the onions and potatoes, before turning around and saying "I feel like I'm forgetting something." "You definitely are," the Italian replied with a smirk plastered across her face. "I need a kiss." she added, puckering her lips.