Thirty

As the friends made it back to the cabanas, Barrett and Sarah left the blonde and went to their own cabanas. Danielle quietly placed the bag of food on the table and slowly crept her way beside her sleeping girlfriend.

She snuggled into the Italian's back, pulling her closer by her waist. She placed a few kisses on her shoulder before resting her head on the lounge chair.

After a few hours of snuggling, Danielle was woken up by the sound of a rustling bag. She lifted her head looking around the cabana when she saw Alex opening the bag of food.

"I'm s-sorry, I d-didn't mean to w-wake you up. I'm j-just h-hungry" Alex said quickly letting go of the bag and stepping back.

"No, no it's okay baby, you don't ever have to ask if you can eat something okay? You're hungry and if you see something you would like to eat, just eat it my sweetness" Danielle smiled reaching for the bag to pull out some food.

"O-okay" Alex smiled coming closer to Danielle and wrapping her arms around the blonde's leg.

"Oh, sweetheart" Danielle said letting go of the bag and dropping down to give Alex a proper hug.

Danielle stood back up to pull out the sandwiches she got earlier. They were just a few club sandwiches, but it excited the little girl so much that she did a little happy dance which made the blonde giggle.

"Do you like club sandwiches baby"

"I u-used to have th-them all the time with my m-mama"

"Awe sweetheart, I'm glad that you have a comfort food"

Danielle patted the seat for her to sit down and then placed a club sandwich in front of her, with a bottle of water.

"Eat up sweetness"

"Th-thank you D-Dani"

As the little girl ate, she watched people walk on the beach and splash around in the water. Danielle walked over to her girlfriend, now facing her, and laid down at an angle where she could still watch Alex as she ate. She started playing with her girlfriend's hair which made Stefania scoot closer to the blonde, resting her head on Danielle's stomach.

"Are you hungry my love?"

"Si, but you're very comfortable, so I'm not gonna move"

"S-Stefania look, I'm having a c-club sandwich"

"Wow Bambina, that looks amazing"

Danielle smiled down at the cute interaction between them, as she continued to play with her girlfriend's hair.

6 days later...

After a week of unexpected events, the trip had come to an end. The team had hauled their things onto the plane and settled down.

Francesca stood with Danielle and Alex on the airstrip, running through a few more details. "Okay Alex, if you need anything you can call this number," Francesca said handing her a card. "You will be safe, but just in case anything happens, you can call okay?" She added. The little girl nodded, clinging onto Danielle's leg.

"Thank you, Francesca, for everything," Danielle said bringing her in for a hug. "Of course Dani, you have my number too, so if anything happens please call me" Francesca smiled.

Danielle and Alex began to walk onto the plane. Once they got onto the plane Alex's jaw dropped slightly. "Woah" she exclaimed looking around, which made everyone giggle.

Danielle sat Alex down at a window seat, teaching her how to buckle her seatbelt. Just as the plane began to take off, Alex stared out of the window, immediately grabbing Danielle's hand as the lifted off the ground.