"Damn. You made me stop filming? Fuck. We could have gotten so many views for that," Kenny muttered under his breath. "I gotta take a shit," He left the table, winking at us as he walked towards the bathroom.

I tried to laugh it off, but it came out as a kind of strangled snort. Which made Sammy laugh. Which made me look at him and smile. He had a nice laugh. I haven't heard it a lot lately.

"Open your freaking present, bro," he ran his hand through his hair. He was blushing which was weird and kind of wonderful.

It was a necklace, a medium weight silver chain necklace. It slipped through my fingers like water, and I was so glad I'd wiped my fingers.

It was beautiful.

I glanced up, and I know I must have looked like some kind of dumbass, because Sammy turned his head, taking a huge gulp of coffee. "Glad you like it," he mumbled.

I tried to put it on, but my fingers weren't working. He didn't say anything, just took it, and stood up behind me, fastening it. I could feel his fingers on my neck. He sat back down, and this time he was staring back at me. I touched the necklace, not looking away. His sister was right. He had the nicest eyes. Gold with like copper flecks.

"Ummm...Jimmy...I've wanted to talk to you..I need to tell you..."

My bedroom door slammed open and Jeremy walked blearily towards the kitchen in only his boxers. All of a sudden his skin was on mine, rubbing his cheek hard against my hair, his hands on my chin and over my ears. He smelled like sex and sweat and Jeremy and I tried not to die. He kissed the side of my face before sitting down in Kenny's chair.

"Damn...what the fuck is all of this food for?" He looked amazed at the table. "God, baby, give me a huge freaking cup of coffee. How can you guys want to eat all this grease so early in the morning? All I fucking want is a piece of toast."

Sammy gave Jeremy a look that would kill a charging T Rex.

"What the fuck is your problem, mini munchkin?" Jeremy gulped the coffee I poured him. "Damn that's good, babe. Thanks." he grabbed my hand and nibbled on the inside of my wrist, which made me full body twitch, almost spilling all the shit off the table. Jeremy smirked at me, and took another sip of his coffee, looking back at Sammy smugly.

"You do know what today is, right?" Sammy spat.

"Of course! Of course I do! We have finals today, right? Last fucking day before winter break? I studied, Mr. Boring. I'm going to do just fine." He sat back in his chair, completely unbothered. "Let me have a bite of your burrito babe?" I nodded and he took a huge bite, licking his lips slowly, wiping the grease with his fist.

"Hey, Jimmy. Nice chain!! You going hard today for some chick? Is it for a vlog?" Jeremy reached over and tried to touch it. But I shrank back and covered it with my hand. I didn't want him to touch it, for some reason.

"Get your greasy ass hands away from my perfect skin," I teased, forcing my voice to sound as normal as I could make it.

Jeremy nodded, trying to play it off, but he was obviously upset.

"I gave it to him." Sammy said blandly.

"What the fuck?" Jeremy wasn't joking now. He was angry. I tried to touch his forearm but he shrugged me off.

"For his buh..irth...day." Sammy enunciated each syllable clearly. "Which is today. December 14th. Jimmy's birthday."

I watched Jeremy carefully. But he winked at me. 

 "Baby, I did not forget your birthday, as much as this little shit wishes I did. I'm waiting to give you a very special present tonight. I've also planned a huge party. Everyone's coming over. We're going to make it a night you'll never forget."