C. 17

Briella's POV

Randy approached me as I was going out to my car. "I need to talk to you."

"Everything okay?" I asked, worried about what was happening.

He only gestured me to follow him. So I did. I was anxious on what this could be about. And I was really hoping he didn't have any regrets about earlier. But part of me felt like that was the case. And I wasn't a fan of that feeling.

We rounded a corner, and then we were completely alone. "What's going on?"

He gave me a long look. "People are getting suspicious about our relationship."

I gulped. "So what do you want to do?" I asked, slightly relieved.

He shook his head, then looked down. His eyes were thoughtful, but frustrated. "There's not much we can do. If we deny, they don't believe us. If we confirm, then they'll most likely leave it alone."

"Yeah... So I guess the next question is, what are we?" I mentioned.

He looked at me. "If I'm being honest... It's too early to say."

I nodded my head in agreement. "Look, there's no way around this. So I'm just gonna say it! I have strong feelings for you. Well before this storyline even started. You were always the one thing that I could think about, that would calm me. I don't know why. And frankly I don't even want to know why. I just know I'm in love with you." I told him.

He gave me very long look. He let out no emotion as he processed what I just said. Whatever he was gonna say next could be good or bad. So I was really hoping I was right, that he was into me.

He took a deep breath. "I can't deny I'm in the same place as you. I still can't see to understand why you. But at the end of the day, I could care less. I want you."

Relief filled me. My heart slowly steadying. I let out the breath I didn't even know I was holding. I was so scared of what he was gonna say, that my whole body was still.

Our eyes met. His eyes not once betraying what he truly was feeling. But I knew everything was fine. He wanted me as much as I wanted him. This conversation didn't confirm what we were. But it did confirm we will be something. Time was on our side. And so was love.

He grabbed my hands. Pulling me towards him. My body hitting his firm chest. His hands pulling away from mine. Resting one hand on my lower back. Then resting his other hand on my chin.

I placed my own hands on his chest. Our eyes never once breaking eye contact. And slowly our faces grew closer together. My heart picking up pace. But this time, in a good way. Butterflies fluttering in my stomach, as we grew closer together.

Once our lips collided, I knew this was meant to be. He held me close as I kissed back. Both of us wanting more from each other. But we both held ourselves back. His lips slowly pulling away.

"Whatever anyone asks, we just don't deny." He said.

I smiled. "That's fine with me. I don't want to deny this." I answered.

"Good," He purred.

We then pulled away completely. Both of us heading in complete opposite directions. Me to where my car was. And he was most likely going to his bus.

I could help the smile that crept onto my face as I walked. Excitement causing my whole body to tingle. Relief filling me. I was glad this was something that could be happening. And I wanted so much more of it. That I couldn't deny. My heart was happy for the first time in a long time.

A/N:

Kinda in a mood to start prewriting chapters again... hmm, I guess we'll see! Time will tell with my medical condition. Since that affects what I can and can't do. Especially since my episodes can last as short as a few minutes, or as long as 24+ hours.

Xoxo