"Go ahead. Kill me, but you'll never know what really happened to Henry."

He scoffed and took the safety off. "Do you really think I'll believe anything you have to say?"

"You want proof?"

I cocked my head to the side and examined him. This wasn't the same man that's slept in my bed, that's touched and kissed me. This wasn't the man that claimed he cared about me or hated seeing me upset. No, this man was a vengeful animal.

"The phone that Henry had on him. It's turned off, isn't it? You can't get it to turn on."

His eyes went wide for a moment, but he didn't waver. His nose was bloody and broken, and all the blood on his face beyond turned on the crazed woman in me. His black tee shirt was soaked through from the side where I stabbed him and from the top where I shot him.

He'd bleed out if he didn't add pressure to it. I didn't stab him deep enough to cause permanent damage, but just enough to get him off me. I dropped my hands and took a step toward him.

"Stop." He demanded.

I took another step and placed my hand on the top of the gun. I pressed it to my forehead and let out a heavy sigh.

"I'm tired, Ivan. I'm tired of everything and everyone. Do it. You'd be doing me a favor, but I won't die with you thinking I killed Henry. So know this, and then do whatever you want with me. I didn't kill Henry. I loved him like he was my own flesh and blood."

"Shut up!" He shouted. "All you do is lie! You lie, and you kill!"

I closed my eyes, and a lone tear streamed down my cheek. Letting out a shaky exhale, I opened my eyes, and in that moment of weakness, I was able to take the gun right out of his hand and aim it at him.

I took it apart and emptied the bullets before scattering them all over the room. He came at me, his fist balling and coming right at me, but I ducked and hit him in the stomach.

He let out a shout in pain and grabbed my ponytail, yanking me away from him. He pushed me hard, and I fell back and hit the wooden edge of my bed.

I cried out in pain and rubbed my forehead but couldn't think about the throbbing in my head before Ivan came at me again. He yanked me by my ankles to him and, this time, kept my hands up with one of his before running his hands down my body and grabbing the other hidden knife.

He threw it across the room, and it went right under my bed. It was weird. It was like we were ridding each other of the weapons, so we didn't kill each other. I leaned my head to the side and bit down on his arm, then reached up and dug my fingers into his bullet wound.

He screamed hysterically, and I used the opportunity to get out from under him. I stood up and kept my weight down and steady. Ivan was panting, bleeding, his anger and adrenaline still fueling him as his hand came down hard on my stomach.

The pain was immense, and I shouted from the force of it that had me stumbling back. I was gasping for air and panting as I created distance between us.

"I swear to you on my parent's grave, I never killed him," I admitted, my hand wrapping around my stomach from the pain. "I'd never lie about this."

My confession had him halting in his place, and he looked stunned as he stared at me with wide eyes. At that moment, all my men and dogs barged into my room, and they were able to tackle him down and tie him up.

My dogs were trying to get my attention, and Omar was screaming out commands, but I was lightheaded. I steadied myself on the chair, and then my body gave out from exhaustion and pain. I heard the faintest sound of Ivan screaming my name, but I don't know if my imagination conjured it up or not.