Chapter 18

Nyra

He stood there dumbstruck as he openly and unashamedly checked me out. I didn't blame him. I knew the stupor I could bring men into without even trying to. I ran my tongue across my teeth and offered him a smile, and I could hear the sharp inhale of his breath from all the way over here.

Ivan wasn't dressed up this time, and I think I preferred him in regular clothes. Jeans and a hoodie on a man never appeased me until now, until him. His hair was let down, shaggy, and a little wet as if he hopped out of the shower and came here.

The thought of him naked in the shower had my own breathing growing labored. I was a woman, after all, and I craved sex just as the next man did. I didn't crave any man, though; I simply craved Ivan. With how he was looking at me, I knew it was a mutual desire. I downed my drink in one go and flashed it to him.

"Stop staring like an idiot and come buy me another drink."

He all but ran toward me, and I grinned at his enthusiasm. He sat down next to me and waved over to the bartender. He ordered two of the same drink, and while the bartender poured us a drink, he leaned closer to my face.

I watched him with cautious eyes, and when he dipped down suddenly, I held my breath as if anticipating him to kiss me, but he didn't. I gasped when he buried his face into my neck while his other hand went to my hip.

"How long were you planning on punishing me?" He whispered against my neck. I shuddered visibly as his lips skirted over my pulse.

"I wasn't punishing you. I was busy with work." That wasn't a total lie.

I felt his teeth scrape against the sensitive flesh and his hand tightened on my hip. "You're a liar, Nyra. Did you know I was going to come here? Did you have your men spy on me?"

"No."

"Liar."

"You're flattering yourself too much, Ivan."

He chuckled darkly against my neck and lifted his head to face me head-on. "Maybe, I am." His hand left my hip, and his eyes darkened as he trailed his hand down to where my ankle was. "Or maybe I'm flattering myself just the right amount."

His fingers trailed up and down my legs.

"Maybe you were watching me because you missed me, because you craved me, because you miss fucking me." His fingers trailed up my legs until he was prying them apart and resting his hand right at the middle of my thighs.

"Maybe you're wet right now just thinking of it. Of cuffing me to your bed and riding my cock." He let out a low sound as his fingers traced my panties. "And maybe I missed you too. Maybe I've had a hard-on since the night at the club when you let me taste your mouth."

He hummed as his fingers scraped down my thighs before removing his hand altogether. "Maybe you're right, though. I'm just flattering myself too much." He leaned back in his chair and reached for his drink.

I didn't have my men following him. Omar told me he wanted to because he believed Ivan was hiding something, but after they came up empty from his apartment search, I told him to wait off on it.

Omar had an inkling that Ivan knew we were going to search his house, and that's why he didn't find anything. He wanted another chance, and I agreed because the Ivan sitting next to me couldn't possibly be just an electrician. He was hiding something, and I was determined to find out myself.

I've been busy with work, and with Jessie leaving, I took some time to get my new secretary on the same flow as me. I wasn't even planning on coming to the bar but told myself I might see him.