Chapter 26

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

KEECIA

"It's been a long time, doc."

His voice, deeper and richer than I remembered, reached my ears and sent shivers down my spine, instantly triggering a wave of memories and emotions.

I can't believe that the man whom I had tried so hard to avoid and successfully hadn't laid eyes on in five long years is really here, standing right in front of me.

It had really been a long time because he had changed... I meant physically. Matagal naman na talaga siyang nagbago. But now that I'm looking at him physically, it was impossible not to notice the changes. And my heart pounded erratically as I kept staring at him.

He had grown into a man in his early thirties, and it showed in every aspect of his being. The features that I had once found charming now appeared more prominent—his jawline sharper, and his cheekbones more defined. A well-groomed five o'clock shadow also adorned his jawline, giving him a mature and rugged look. His hair, once carefree and tousled, was now impeccably styled in a clean cut that framed his face perfectly. My stomach churned as I continued to take him in. God, he aged like fine wine. And goddammit, I hated it! It irritated me to no end that he had become even more undeniably handsome after all these years. Ugh. I fucking hate it. How dare he become even more captivating, even more attractive?

I also hated the fact that it wasn't just his facial features that had changed; his entire physique seemed to have filled out, leaving no doubt that he had spent countless hours at the gym. His shoulders were broader, his stance more confident, giving him a more commanding presence. He also stood taller than before. It looked like he had grown an inch or two in height which made him even more daunting. I feel so small as he towered over me.

His choice of clothing hadn't changed much, though. Halatang mayaman at professional pa rin kung pumorma. The well-tailored black three-piece suit he wore accentuated his frame and the crispness of the fabric hinted at its deluxe quality. He also wore a white button-down shirt inside the suit jacket, and a black tie added a touch of elegance. Shiny black loafers adorned his feet. He also carried a leather bag in his hand, where the Richard Mille watch glistened on his wrist, completing the polished look. It was as if he had stepped straight out of a high-profile law firm.

Everything about him screamed success, sophistication, and luxury, the embodiment of a man who had conquered the world. Yeah, picture that, and you'll understand why it left a bitter taste in my mouth.

After what seemed like an endless stare-off, I finally mustered up the courage. I straightened my shoulders, stepped aside, and walked past him, completely and purposely ignoring his presence. Just what like he did to me before.

Was it a petty move?

Yes.

But I don't give a damn.

Because I spent years—five long years—trying to erase him; every detail of him and everything he made me feel. And yet, with just one glance, just one look into those eyes—those same whiskey-colored eyes I once loved getting lost in, now taste bitter and dry, leaving me with an acidic feeling—and everything came rushing back to me.