Chapter 06

CHAPTER SIX

KEECIA

"Caine De Laurentis. Table for two."

"This way, sir."

We didn't wait long para makapasok sa loob ng restaurant dahil may reservation naman kami. Soft jazz music filled my ears as we entered the room with our hostess leading the way to our table. I felt Caine's hand on the lower part of my back as we walked. A small shiver was sent down my spine when I felt his soft but comforting touch.

"Our course and wine menu are on the table," the hostess gestured her hand at the paper lying on the table. "I'll give you a few minutes and send someone to take your orders." she smiled before leaving us.

Caine pulled a chair out for me and I sat. Naupo naman siya sa upuan sa tapat ko. Inabot niya sa akin yung isang menu na tinanggap ko rin. I flipped through its pages, thinking of what I should order.

"What are you having?" he asked.

"Hmm, let's see..." ilang sandali pa ang nakalipas bago ako tuluyang nakapag-decide ng oorderin. At the end, I decided to have their truffle cream pasta, then I turned to Caine. "What about you? What are you having?"

A knowing grin flashed on his lips. He leaned in and whispered the words that caused a tingle between my legs.

"More than anything else on the menu here, I'd much rather eat you," he whispered in a raspy voice.

Caine and his filthy, filthy mouth. Goddamit. I was caught off guard. I wasn't expecting him to answer like that. 

"You're such a horny bastard," I scowled and clenched my thighs together. 

I suddenly felt hot and my throat went dry. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ganun ang naramdaman ko! Bakit may effect sa akin?!

His grin widened when he caught a glimpse of my reaction.

It's a good thing the waiter arrived, saving me from coming up with an embarrassing response. I drank the glass of water that was already placed on our table. Siya na ang kumausap doon sa waiter while I tried my best to act as if I didn't hear anything.

Nang maka-alis na iyong waiter, I tried to change the subject immediately. "So, law?"

Caine chuckled before nodding. "Yup."

"Why law?"

"Because I'm a devil."

Nagulat ako. My eyes widened and my brows shot up. "Come again?"

"The world is a cruel place, Keecia." sumeryoso ang mukha niya. "Every person that you meet is a devil in disguise. Felons, business tycoons, politicians... you name it. Sometimes, it even comes as a surprise when the people you don't expect to turn out to be one. It's a hard pill to swallow, but it's true. Everyone is a villain. It's just a matter of how evil they can get. When it comes to a point where they can't control their evilness anymore and things get ugly, all you need is another devil to expel the devil."