Chapter 12

CHAPTER TWELVE

Trigger warning: Blood / Violence / Parental verbal & physical abuse.

This chapter contains scenes that might trigger trauma for readers.

Please read responsibly and skip if you must.

KEECIA

Something in my stomach dropped. Now I know who she was. Chelsea was definitely one of the women he'd been involved with. Oh god, I feel sick. Hindi ko mapigilang mapaisip. Kelan sila nagkakilala? Saan? Siya ba ang naging huling babae ni Caine bago niya ako niligawan? Was she just a fling, a one-night stand, or a fuck buddy? I can't help it. Jealousy gnawed at me. It's not helping that she now appeared ten times more beautiful in my mind than she had been only seconds ago. The more I stare at her, the more I realize that she was everything I am not. She was something more. More stunning, more alluring, and more threatening.

"Shut the fuck up, Chelsea," Caine hissed at the woman. The tone of his voice was heavy, almost sounding angry and dangerous.

"I'm just kidding, Caine! Ikaw naman, loosen up!" natawa si Chelsea, then she eyed me. "Aren't you going to introduce me to your little friend here?"

"Actually, no. We were just about to leave," he tightened his grip on my waist. Mas lalo niya rin akong inilapit sakaniya. "And for the record, don't label her as my little friend. She is way more than that."

Hahatakin na sana niya ako paalis pero pinigilan ko siya. Despite being riddled with jealousy, I stood proud and tall. I know exactly what she's trying to pull here. She's provoking me. Yes, what she said had upset me, but I refuse to let her know. I'm not just going to walk away. I'm not about to give her that satisfaction.

"It's okay," I smiled at Caine. Then I wrapped my hand around his waist, putting the other above his chest. Like I was claiming my territory. My grin widened as I saw Chelsea's eyes follow the path of my hand. And I could swear I almost saw smoke come out of her ears. "I'm Ciacia. And you're Chelsea, right? You must be one of Caine's friends."

"Friend? Is that what he told you?" she grinned. "I'd like to think that we were more than that, you know, given our history..."

She emphasized the word history. Shit. I grew sicker and sicker as she kept talking. She just confirmed my theory. Ngayon ay hindi maalis sa isip ko ang naging relasyon nila ni Caine dati. Surely, they did things that friends aren't supposed to do to each other. Oh no, gusto kong masuka. I feel like I set my own trap.

"Chelsea!" Caine warned her. He must've sensed my uneasiness. Ramdam ko rin na gustong-gusto na akong alisin ni Caine dito. Pero hindi, ayoko. Diniinan ko ang pagkakayakap ko kay Caine to tame and assure him. It's okay, I can handle this.

"Oh?" hindi ako nagpatinag. "I'm sorry. He never told me you were friends. In fact, never ka niyang binanggit sa akin. This is the first time I've learned about you. Pasensya ka na ha, puro pangalan ko na kasi ang bukambibig ni Caine. My bad, I think I clouded his mind too much that he forgot everybody's existence, including yours."