Chapter 48: Decisions & Secrets..

Ian's POV

I stood quaking in fear, Paige or Ashley.... Paige or Ashley... I had no idea what do... In the end, I went with my heart, who I knew I cared the most about..

"Who are you going to bring back?" Phil asked me, almost instantly.

I closed my eyes in deep thought, and then opened them... I opened my mouth to speak, as a single tear dripped down my face, I wiped it quickly. "A-A-Ashley.. and she was last seen in Michigan.."

Dan and Phil nodded, pressing pretty much the same buttons as before. A few minutes later, Ashley stepped out of the portal with a crumpled note, clenched into her hand. Before anyone said anymore, Ashley ran up to me and hugged me tightly, as did I. Quiet sobs emerged from her mouth when she burrowed her head on my shoulder.

Once we'd pulled away, Ashley wiped her eyes and handed me the crumpled note she had been squeezing tightly in her hand.

"W-What's this?" I stuttered slightly, completely oblivious to what was actually on the note.

"Read it..." Ashley replied with a small, genuine smile, I opened out the note slowly, starting to read it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Ian & Ashley,

By the time you read this, it'll probably be too late, and by that I mean I won't be able to be saved. So before then, I want to make sure that the past will be revealed and all confusion will be lost...

Both of you are family, you are both siblings to each other, I know that it doesn't seem possible, but it really is. It's a long story to tell and it won't be understandable right away... You aren't siblings in a normal way, that's an easier way to put it; you are both genetically brother and sister, but in quite a peculiar way. I'm sure you'll soon understand..

Love (Ashley's) Mom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked up from the note, glancing at Ashley in pure shock.

"Y-Y-You're m-my s-sister?" I stuttered, as Ashley nodded with glossy eyes and a smile.

"Y-Yeah, I a-am!" Ashley grinned brightly, hugging me again.

We both stood back as Jack finally stood forward. Already looking quite worried, or scared.

Jack's POV

I knew exactly who I was going to save, I was going to save Steph... I've loved her for so long...

"Who are you going to save?" Dan asked me, looking up from the machine.

"Steph.. And we found her walker body in Detroit... I-If that helps.." I sighed, quickly wiping my eyes.

Phil nodded understandingly, as Dan looked back down at the controls.

A few minutes later, Steph stepped out of the portal, running over to hug me. I held her tightly as she sobbed in my arms.

"T-Thank you J-Jack..." Steph stuttered, looking up at me.

"Y-You're welcome.." I whispered, holding her a little tighter.

"So, is that everyone?" Phil asked awkwardly, shuffling his feet.

"I think so." Felix nodded with a smile, we were all happy now, well, most of us. "Thanks Dan and Phil." He continued with a smirk.

"No problem!" They replied in unison, "How about we show you around the rest of the camp?"

"Yeah, that sounds good." We all agreed and left the technologic room.

Dan and Phil showed us the rooms, there were a ton of bedrooms, so we'd all have privacy. They were all pretty much like small cabins. Anthony and Arixa decided to share and picked the small cabin that was pretty separate from the others... No prizes for guessing why! Steph and I decided to share, Felix and Marzia shared, Ian and Ashley shared, Mark and Alice shared and so did Lola and Alex. Everyone else got separate cabin rooms and we all set our weapons and items down inside them. Once we had all unpacked our items, we walked out to hear Dan and Phil gathering everyone who was in this camp around them.

"So, as you can see we already have people here..." Dan explained, continuing his sentence, " So, we have: Joe, Alfie, Lisa, Shane, Louise, Jim, Tanya, Connor and Joey." Dan finished, pointing to each person as he called out their names.

We greeted each other and made many conversations, this was most likely the most calmest and happiest we had been since this all started...

ObsessedWithY0uTube

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please follow me and add to your library to find out when I update, a vote is always appreciated :3. Sorry this chapter was shorter than usual but I promise that things get a lot more eventful (in a good way) in the next chapter! xD More chapters coming soon guys! So stay tuned and...

PEACE OUT X3