Chapter 40: One Last Wish...

Video: Sia - Breathe (Play @ the Flashback :3)

Jack's POV

It was Anthony and Ian, but Arixa and Paige were nowhere to be found...

"Anthony!" Alice ran up to him and hugged him tightly, he smiled very slightly and hugged her back. "Are you okay?"

Anthony only nodded, leaving Alice quite confused.. The two were exceedingly quiet, a low, deep sadness hung about them. Felix broke the silence that nearly choked us all.

"Where's Arixa and Paige?" He asked innocently, Anthony and Ian looked at each other and then straight to the ground, not daring to look up.

"I-Its... a long story..." Ian murmured, wiping his eyes quickly.

******************************

~Flashback~

Normal POV

Ian, Anthony, Arixa and Paige fought it out with the walkers, after using most of their ammo instantly, they went into fighting. Arixa frontflipped over one walker, kicking another in the stomach and turning back around to stab the other in the head, before it could bite her. Paige pushed one back, jump-kicking another in the chest, knocking it flat and whacking the opposite one across its face. Ian grabbed a metal pole, whacking head after head off walkers, he kicked one in its knee, giving him an opportunity to whack it once more. Anthony grabbed a pocket knife, stabbing each walker in his way, unmercifully. He stabbed one of them so hard the knife got lodged, but he managed to yank it free.

Pretty much all of the walkers were killed now, all four of them sighed in relief, but they weren't out of the woods just yet...

"TWANG! TWANG!"

Right before Ian and Anthony's eyes, Arixa and Paige were shot in the stomach with arrows.

Chuckling could be heard from above, Ian and Anthony knew who it was, they had seen him before, at the hotel. It was Jacob and various other bandits, 20 of them to be exact.

"Good luck stopping them from dying!" He cackled, running away...

Anthony's POV

I ran straight to Ari's side, I held her in my arms with one swift motion, my eyes swelled with tears as I looked at her pale, lifeless face. She was bleeding severely, and there was nothing I could do. Her breath became raspy and her body became lighter by the minute, in my arms; she blinked slowly, crying and wincing emerged from her mouth. I wish I had the power to erase her pain, whenever she felt hurt, I could feel it too, we were alike, we were one.

"S-Stay with m-me A-Ari....D-Don't die.... I c-can't live without y-you..." I sobbed, holding her body close to me.

She became breathless and her breathing was uneven, "I-I'm.....g-gonna.....t-turn....Y-You..n-need...to...go..." She whispered and cried silently, I would never leave her side, I love her..

"I-I'm not l-leaving you!" I shout almost, seeing tears drop from her eyes.

"I....I... l-love y-you... A-Anthony...." She mumbled in small breathy gasps, the pain becoming too much for her to handle.

"I love y-you t-too..." I can't hold back my tears any longer, they flow from my eyes. I softly kiss her lips, hoping she wouldn't turn, hoping she would just fall asleep. I didn't want to shoot her like this, I'd rather shoot her as a walker because I know its not her.