27 - Some more S'mores Please

Start from the beginning

And men said that women were indecisive? Maybe that was because they didn't have an Abhimanyu Birla in their life, that's why.

"I don't like Superman. I like Ironman more. Rich, sexy, sarcastic, playboy, just like me!" He replied, grumpily looking down at his blue shirt with the big S from Superman engraved on it.

"I'm sorry that the Lost and Found failed to cater to your needs. But if anything, you can always go back and change into the marching band uniform that's in your size." Akshara offered sarcastically.

"You know, yes, I think I will." Abhimanyu retorted, turning back to walk into the office much to Akshara's chagrin.

"No, you won't! Come!" Akshara grabbed Abhimanyu by the arm and dragged him back to where the kids were sitting, munching on some snacks handed out to them by the volunteers.

"Hey kids! We're back!" Abhimanyu announced before Akshara could.

"Superman!" Ishaan pointed at Abhimanyu's shirt. "I like Superman!"

"Yeah, well good for you. I don't." Abhimanyu replied back under his breath, earning a glare from Akshara. "Oh, good for you!" He stated, louder so the children could hear.

"So what's the plan? How is camp night sleepover supposed to go?" He asked the kids, indulging them.

"We were supposed to make s'mores, sing songs around the campfire, put up our tents and tell stories. But because of the rain, we were not able to do any of that." Zaira explained, earning a few disappointed looks from across the room.

"Okay then, why can't we do all that now? Here?" Abhimanyu inquired, looking at Akshara for answers.

"We don't a fire pit and no where to pin the tents." Akshara explained.

"Then how about we create a makeshift fire pit?" He offered.

"Makeshift fire pit? How?"

"All we need is a wheelbarrow, wood and some firewood oil to kickstart the pit."

"We have a wheelbarrow, no problem. We use it for gardening. But the wood got drenched it the rain and is currently useless." Akshara answered disappointedly.

Abhimanyu pondered for a moment before replying. "Do you have a wooden chair?"

"We have wooden stools in the art room."

"Perfect! Those will work just as fine!"

Akshara nodded her head, still not sold on the entire idea of the makeshift fire pit but she decided to give Abhimanyu's creative problem solving skills a chance.

"Okay, I'll get the stools." Akshara replied.

"And I'll get the wheelbarrow and fire starter oil." Priya volunteered, jumping into the conversation.

"I'll help you. I don't want you to overwork yourself. You're already doing so much!" Abhimanyu offered his most charming smile, making Priya's cheeks flush.

She didn't do anything! Akshara wanted to yell as she watched Abhimanyu and Priya saunter away in search for the wheelbarrow and oil. But she held herself back in a dignified and poised manner as she went to go grab the stools Abhimanyu had asked for.

~*~

Akshara watched with narrowed eyes as Abhimanyu and Priya came back with the wheelbarrow, happily chatting away, oblivious to the world around them.

Akshara cleared her throat. "Mr. Birla! The stools you asked for." She shouted, prying for Abhimanyu's attention.

Abhimanyu and Priya stopped talking as they came to a halt beside an obviously seething Akshara.