Karter's eyes watered when his wolf screamed and begged to have Ivan's presence beside him but his hand was thrusting the long dildo without rest. Whenever his prostate would brush against the silicon, his back would arch with the electric pleasure. Karter's nimble finger searched for the button that would make the object vibrate and when he managed to press it, his body quivered because of the intense sensations in the deepest parts of his body. 

Karter's cock jerked and before he knew it, he was coming on his stomach, completely untouched. When the aftershocks finally calmed down, Karter turned off the vibrations and tiredly took out the dildo. Karter panted, the haze was becoming cloudier and after looking down, he found his cock still rock hard. Karter's head hit the pillows in frustration and he screamed. After some processing and composing, Karter reached for the box again. 

The next few days were spent using all of the toys he possessed and occasionally eating and showering when he remembered. William and Anna were the only ones who visited and kept him informed of Ivan's recovery which was close to nonexistent. 

---------------------

After going through his first heat without his mate by his side, Karter was feeling all sorts of emotions. His stress level was through the roof and even pack members learned to steer clear of him after William's warning. He has been working in Ivan's office and planning day and night to send the spies to the neighboring packs. 

With nothing else to distract him from his pitiful situation, he put his all into managing the pack with the help of Alex. Most people would say that he's working too hard and he needs to relax, but those people don't know how it feels to live every day wondering when your mate will wake up from his coma and embrace you shielding you away from this cruel world. 

"You are still here? I thought William took you away for lunch." Alex came to Ivan's office and saw Karter reading some of the contracts and paperwork to familiarize himself with businesses. His face showed concern when Karter's caught his eye. 

"I'm not hungry." Karter said in a tired voice while flipping the pages of the file. 

"I don't want to force you, Luna, But Ivan wouldn't be happy seeing you like that. And I know you don't wanna hear it, but how about I bring you a small plate of fresh fruit that you can eat here? You don't even have to go out." Alex tried to convince him. He could see that Karter was contemplating from his shifty eyes.

"You are right. Thank you, I would like some fruit." Karter sighed and gave Alex a half-smile, that was all he could muster. He knew the pack members were walking on eggs shells around him, but he couldn't bring himself to go back to his past self for anyone. 

"That's great. I'll be back." Alex gave him a big smile in return and rushed out of the office. Someone seemed to be in a hurry. He must be scared that Ivan would scold him for not looking after me, Karter thought.

Ivan.

Come back. 

He shook his head to get rid of the voices in his head begging his mate to wake up. But to no avail, he got back to his file. Five minutes went by, and then ten. But Alex was nowhere to be seen. Frowning at the realization, he got up to go look for him. He could mind link him, but he wanted to get fresh air as he started feeling anxious, so he thought it'd be a good excuse. 

Getting out of the office, he saw everyone seemed nervous, not by him but something else. He saw people rushing to the edge of the pack.

He called a teenager who was running to the same side and asked him about the situation.

"Luna, I heard there's some problem around the border. Someone's here." The boy replied and pointed in that direction. Karter let the boy go and followed him to a large crowd forming to see what was wrong. People parted ways to let Karter go through, their eyes were nervous and their lips whispering. He was thankful for the Luna privilege he got.