When I opened it, my eyes slightly widened.

It was a screenshot of an airplane ticket.

The hour for the flight was 6:00 a.m. and the destination was assigned from Beijing to Incheon.

I scowled when I saw the ticket. There was something I didn't like about it, but I had not the mind to dig into the matter. The kettle began to whistle, so I had to leave my phone aside and jump off the counter.

I took a clean cup, opened one chamomile tea bag, and poured the hot water into it.

"Kkami, come here..."

As I began walking, I called out to my dog and went to check on Su-jin.

"Go to bed and stay with him..." I instructed.

Kkami understood the familiar command, so he ran to the bed, jumped, and accommodated himself around Su-jin, simulating an extra pillow.

When I saw that Su-jin didn't move, I smiled, closed the door, and walked away with the hot drink in my hands.

I was planning to go back to the living room and have a long talk with myself, but my eyes landed on the painting room.

I hesitated to go there, but I eventually followed my heart and went straight to that place.

The first thing I saw when I opened the door was the canva covered with that fabric.

I didn't notice this before, but half of the girl's body could be seen.

So...this is what Jisung saw? This is why he was so sure a girl was painted in here...?

I bit my lower lip remembering what Jisung told me about a woman being painted on that canvas.

It surprised me how his mind formulated a whole story. A story that was not even close to reality.

My mother saying that I was a single father, and me saying -or not denying- that I was Su-jin's father caused all this as well.

It's my fault after all.

I approached the canva and removed half of the fabric, revealing to me Jinsu's pretty face. I looked at it for some seconds before my mind started to create possible scenarios.

What could have happened if Jisung saw the face of this girl? Maybe...if he had seen this painting...he could have said that my cousin was pretty and that's it...right?

...Maybe...that she also wore the same name as his wife like Su-jin did with his daughter...and that would have ended with all of my suspicions...

Hyunjin...why are you trying to lie to yourself again?

You know that a lot of coincidences don't exist.

I let a dry laugh out.

The following scenarios were just useless to even mention them.

I ran a hand through my long hair and smacked my lips in irritation.

After that, I took a book sketch, and some pencils and went to sit at my usual desk.

I knew that drawing doodles would help me more than letting my mind wander to whichever place it wanted.

I also was trying to block my head and not think about it too much since I have a baby, and if I lose control of myself, then, who is going to take care of him?

I preferred to play dumb and wait for tomorrow so my uncle could clarify all these doubts that are driving me insane.

~~~