Holidays [Soap x Male reader]

"John!" you called "Come on, let's decorate the house!"
The holidays were coming up, and your house was quite empty.
You couldn't lie.

No lights, no decorations. Nothing.
"Do you even have some lights?" he asks as he walked down the stairs. "I mean yeah, from last year...they still work!" You said as you pulled them out of the dusty box.

"Uh, are you sure?" crossing his arms, he walks up to you. Before answering, you looked around looking for an outlet.
Quickly you found one next to the couch, plugging the lights in.

Thank god they worked.

"See?" you gave him a smirk as he chuckled. "Yeah yeah okay, I'm glad they do." John answered peaking in the box.

"There's still a lot more lights and decorations, may I help?" looking down at you, you nodded happily.

Both of you started to take out the lights and the small decorations. Since you and John were around the same height, he sometimes picked you up so you could place the lights on a higher ground.
Plus, as he did that, a little kiss would be planted right on the top of your head.

After you two finished, you heard him call your name: "Y/N, you hungry?" he asks with a smile.
You didn't feel like it, but when he mentioned it, you nodded immediately.

As he made some scrambled eggs, you ran up behind him. "Pfft, that hungry, huh?" he asks turning to you with a smile.

That smile of his could never grow old.
He was such a gentle man...most of the time.
That's what made you fall in love with him.
He always took care of you, practiced with you, laughed with you, cooked with you,...

And now there he was, cooking FOR you.
You hugged him from behind, feeling the smell of the food. "Uh, do you want to season it yourself?" he asks.

"No it's okay, you go on and do it." you mumble in his shirt. Peaking above his shoulder a bit, you look at his hands.

The ring.

You look at your hand seeing the same thing.
A ring. A promise ring he gave you some time ago.
He made it for you back at the base after three months of dating.

It meant the world to you. It still does.

"Thank you." you whisper. "Hm? For what?" John replies tilting his head towards yours.
"You know...for everything." your arms tightened around him. "Oh...yeah, no problem!" he answered back happily.

Though he seemed a little confused, you let it be. Once again, that's why you loved him so much.

"By everything...you mean like - " he started "everything we've been through together?"
Laughing a bit to yourself, you replied: "Yeah, kinda. Thank you for everything you did for me."

You felt his head tilt back: "Of course. You're the prettiest man I have ever seen. The moment I saw you I just knew you had a good heart." The way he talked about you never failed to make you smile.

And it never will.

He seemed quite serious the first day you met him, but all you had to do is get to know him better.
Which was the case.

You enjoyed every moment with him. You appreciated his company quite a lot.

Once you ate, you felt your eyelids getting heavier second by second. "Already tired?" John chuckled at you, he must have noticed. "So? Problem?" smiling back at him, you got up from the table.

It really wasn't late. You have zero idea what makes you this tired.
Sometimes when you were around John, you did feel quite tired...and very safe.

"Of course not. No problem. If you want to - we can go to sleep now." he opened his arms, expecting you to hug him.
Which you did.

You felt so warm and tired, but it sure was a good feeling.
After a few minutes of fighting sleep while you climbed up the stairs, you were in your bed.

The holidays started and you both didn't have to worry about a single thing. The only thing you could do is relax.
Melting in your pillow, you nudged John a bit, who was hugging you.

"...Soap?" you called rubbing your eyes.

"Hm?"

"Did you turn the lights off?"

"...
I'll be right back."