Cold [Ghost x N/B reader]

Today was one hell of a lucky day.
Yesterday, John and you have teamed up and finished an important mission.

That leaves this day free for all of you.
You sat alone in the caffeteria waiting for John to come and sit next to you...though you were unsure if he ate already.
After a while, you decided to eat by yourself, assuming Soap did so already.

Free days like this were both everything you needed and wanted. Just relaxing, reading your books, not feeling stressed out, not having to keep an eye out for bullshit and knowing nothing's after you...probably.

You hear heavy steps coming towards you.
Thinking it was Soap, you raise your head with a light smile.
Little did you know, it wasn't him.

Yet Simon Riley, or so called 'Ghost'.

"Oh, it's you." you sigh as you drink the rest of the water left in your cup. "What's the disappointed tone for?" his deep voice rung through your ears...with what else than a heavy british accent.

"Oh no no, I'm not disappointed. I just thought you were someone else." You replied putting the cup down on the table. "Who? Price?" He asked.
"What? No, Soap." As you tried to get up, he grabbed your wrist.

"Where are you going?" his voice seemed to sound more deeper and quieter, which slightly made you shiver.
Just a bit.

"To my...room?" You returned with the same whisper-like tone.
"Why do you think I sat here, Y/N?" Ghost gets up with you "Just wanted to talk."
He seemed to be a little suspicious, but you let it slide through.

"Come on, we're gonna go outside for a bit." As his hand was still gripping yours, he dragged you from the table.
"Are you serious? It's cold as shit outside!" You exclamied trying to pull away from his grip.

Of course, you failed. Ghost was always a bit stronger than the others you guessed, but his gaze was ten times more stronger. Though this was the first time you two talked "a lot", his gaze seemed to fall upon you.

The way your eyes locked with his always gave you some butterflies - an unfamiliar feeling for you.
You remember the time when Simon was behind you, whispering commands. His deep sharp voice right next to your ear. Sending you light goosebumps all over your body.

"You can have my jacket." he said still walking. "Wh- fine." soon you gave in as you started to walk faster, so you were next to Ghost now.

Finally, he let go of your wrist: "Stay here while I go get the jacket."
Waiting for him in front of the big door, you wondered if you should just walk away or stay here.
Maybe Simon wanted to tell you something important?
Just maybe.
Still, you decided to stay.

Soon, Ghost came back with a black heavy looking jacket.

"Here you go, Y/N" he didn't hand you the jacket, he put it on you. "Oh- why thank you." you nodded as the doors opened.

The cold air immediately hit your face, probably not Ghost's though. He was wearing that stupid mask he always does, but it did fit him.
You couldn't lie.

"So, why did you want us to talk? You asked him, taking steps in the half frozen grass. Rain has fallen the night before and the temperature was freezing in the early morning.
Making the droplets freeze on the dry grass.

"Can't I talk to my friend?" Ghost turned to look at you, making you slow down. Then you stop.

"Friend? You see me as one?" You looked back at him, raising your eyebrow as you bit the inside of your mouth. "Yes." he continued to walk, not looking back at you assuming you'd keep following him, which you did.

"That's a surprise." you chuckled to yourself.
"Why would it be? I enjoy going on missions with you. You might not be the best aimer, but you sure are an amazing pilot." Ghost said "Also, are you still cold?" Both of you stopping, you looked at him.

"Uh, kinda. It's fine th-" before you could finish your sentence, Simon walked in front of you. He put both of his hands on your cheeks. Even though he had gloves on his hands, it still felt nice.

That butterfly feeling was becoming more and more familiar in your stomach when you were around him...but did you mind?
Not really.
Not at all.

"Umm...thank you." your voice cracked as you felt his thumbs rub your cheeks. "Feels nice, huh?" He said, almost growling if you were being honest. It just made you gulp, but you didn't look away from him. You just closed your eyes focusing on the warmth on your cheeks.

Soon, he removed his hands from your cheeks - but he pulled you in a hug. A warm and big one.

He sure was a few inches taller than you, making your head fit under his jaw.
Now you felt warmer, safer, better and calmer.
You sighed under his touch as you melted in his big arms. "...is this better?" he whispers.

"Yes." you reply hugging him tighter as he did the same thing "thank you, Simon."
"Anything for you, Y/N." he started "You're not bad at all, I think I like you."

Raising your head, you give him a confused look.
"Like, more than a friend?" You ask him as he tilts his head "You make me feel good about myself and...I want you around more. Can we make this happen?"

You widen your eyes a bit before thinking. "Is it like...that you're in love with me?"
"Yes. Exactly." Ghost hugs you even tighter than before.

"Alright big man, I think I like you too." You laugh pulling away.
Not because you didn't like his touch. You felt yourself getting a bit warm.
Too warm.
You don't want to make this situation even more awkward than it already is.
"So...this is going to work out, eh?" He chuckles caressing your cheek.

Oh, how you already missed that touch already.
"I think so, Simon Riley." you laughed as you pulled his mask up - just to give him a short kiss.

His lips were rough as you felt his stubble tickle your jaw. Did you mind once again? No. You were kissing the one and only - Simon Riley.

You could see Simon flinch a bit but you ignored it. "OH...thank you, Y/N." He was trying to play it off, but miracle, you made him flustered.

You two came back holding hands since you were freezing...and other reasons.

You were just so happy this happened.
Simon was being nice to you, helping you cook, wash your hair and sleep.
Things will work out for you two.

A/N
HAH writing "x reader" stories is a bit cringe....but I gotta feed someone with this ❤