Chapter 6: Entrapped

Kingston

Kingston

Goddamn it! My head throbbed in pain while wrestling the feisty doctor beside me.

Who knew a regular ass person could have this much fire in them. She was a doctor for crying out loud, why the hell was she fighting like a damn MMA professional?

Thinking back to her friend, I was hoping I made the right decision in letting her go. I shouldn't even be associating with blacks to begin with so, to have one at my house? That was dangerous...to have two people and someone find out? That was suicide.

I just hoped her best friend heeded my warning.

Yes, I was a dangerous man and her friend, Ebony, had every right to be scared of me. But, she would be in much more danger if our informant at the police department informed my MC about what was going on and then they found out about Kaylani.

It was in Ebony's best interest to stay quiet.

At the end of the day, Wyatt was my priority. He was the brother I never had and the only person in this godforsaken world I would die for.

I would risk it all to save him.

Once we were outside the doctors office, my mind came back to the situation at hand.

I could see a white conversion van backed into the parking space right outside of the back door. Carl, a young man from the MC, was already waiting outside for us.

Carl was a burly redheaded 20 year old man who looked more like he was in his late 20s or early 30s. He was one of those boys who grew up without a father so he idolized every man he perceived as an authority figure in his life. Despite his sweet mother's warnings, he ended up looking up to dangerous men like me and joining The Devils Riders MC. In a way, I was like a mentor to Carl.

Because of this, I was hoping I could trust him enough to keep his mouth shut about this entire situation we were in. Plus, a year or so ago, I'd found out that Carl had a secret thing for black women. In fact, I'd caught him a couple towns over going on a date with one. We'd talked about it and I explained how dangerous it could be if someone else saw him. He'd said he was only curious about them and that he'd leave them alone from that point on.

Except, he didn't. I'd caught him one other time a few months ago and he'd begged for me not to tell anyone. As the MC president, it was my duty to make sure there was law and order amongst us. Additionally, it was my duty to make sure our rules were being followed thoroughly.

I looked up at Carl as he walked towards us.

I usually don't have mercy for rule breakers within the MC but for Carl, I made an exception. I was indifferent towards our rules about race mixing and it was an opportunity for me to collect on a debt. I held his secret and now, the time had come for me to cash in.