Chapter 5: Clash

Kaylani

What the hell did I get myself into?

I should've minded my own goddamn business, especially after my first encounter with Kingston in the parking lot. But of course I didn't and now I was paying the price; I hated that the doctor in me just couldn't let it go.

Now here we were with a gun pointed directly at my best friends head.

How did we get here?

I cleared my sandy dry throat and tried to muster up some courage.

"Mr... uh..Kingston, please put the gun down..." My eyes shifted to Ebony and I could see her lips begin to tremble with fear. "Let her go and we can talk."

Kingston raised a brow smugly, a dark smirk creeping over his wicked features.

"You want me to put the gun down? ...Sweetheart, you have NO clue who you're talking too." Kingston chuckled lightly. "You're not in control here... there are two options, you either come with me or you die... pick your poison."

I shook my head.

"You don't have to do this..."

Kingston mocked me.

"yOu dOnt hAvE tO dIsS...What is that? A line from your favorite romance novel? Newsflash doctor, this is the real world and begging means NOTHING to me. As a matter of fact, you now have 10 seconds before I blow your friends fucking head off."

My pulse beat heavily in my chest as defeat washed over me. I peered down at the ground and thought of what going with him meant for me. I didn't want to dig myself deeper into this mans sinister world but it was either that or worse, death.

"5..4...3...2..." Kingston's voice was calm, low, and menacing as he slowly cocked his gun, ready to shoot it.

At the last minute and without much thought to my actions, I felt myself move in Kingstons direction and quickly leapt onto his large muscled back.

It felt like an outer body experience with my body moving on straight adrenaline and instincts.

"RUN!" I screamed towards Ebony as I gripped my legs around Kingstons torso and began to pummel him in his head while fisting his long blonde hair.

The man was a beast and seemed to eat my hits easily. Not giving up, I focused more of my attention on pulling his long hair off of his scalp.

Kingston let out a low guttural grunt at the pain I must've been causing him. However, he still had the wherewithal to uncock his gun and place it back into waistband right before gaining control of the situation and slamming his back, which included me, into a nearby wall.

"You have guts, I like that...but it's not good enough." he stated menacingly as he ahifted his body and slammed me into the wall again, knocking the wind right out of my lungs.

The few seconds I was out of commission and frantically trying to suck in a deep breath, Kingston took that opportunity to reach his large arms around his back and grab for whatever limbs he could find and pull me off of his back.

As he slid me off of him, I was somewhat dazed but trying to gain my composure. I tried to pull out of his grasp and hop back onto his back but instead, I ended up stumbling over our feet and clumsily tripping us forward.

Like a tree being cut down, Kingstons enormous body toppled over mine and we were both somewhat intertwined in the chaos. We both began to fall while scrambling to stay upright.

Eventually, I knew we were going to hit the floor and hit it hard. Anticipating the pain of the fall and the bone crushing weight of my opponent, my body tensed as I squeezed my eyes shut.