She once loved visiting her brother's room, either to hang out with him or to ask him something that only he could answer. Good times. Such a memory would have brought a smile to her face but all it did was give her a painful pang in the heart.

Isabella gave a pained smile and closed her eyes tightly. It hurts so much. She leaned her head against Anthony's door. The truth was that she was afraid of entering the room because she's expecting him to charge at her like what Elois did. She was so afraid of what he'll say.

Or what he'll do.

"Anthony?" She croaked out, slowly opening her eyes, hoping that there were no tears in her eyes.

No answer. As expected, to be honest. Why would he even answer the door? To them, she was a betrayer. A traitor. She wouldn't be surprised if he'd open the door just to slam it  in her face.

After a minute passed, she was about to give up, accepting the idea that maybe he didn't want to talk. To her surprise, the door opened just when she had her back turned.

Anthony, sweet brother of hers, looked tired. Isabella couldn't believe there was such a look on his face. Anthony was usually in control, always the calm and collected one like a strong tree against a storm.

Of course, no tree could withstand a storm. Some could topple down and some would be allowed to the the day of light.

"Isabella." He said before stepping aside. "Come in. Seems that I've kept you waiting for too long."

Isabella felt the fear stir in her chest but she buried it and tried her best to look as though nothing could bother her. She nodded to her brother.

"You did." Isabella said, thanking the universe that her voice didn't tremble. "If you don't want to talk, just say it to my face so that I know if I'm unwanted, okay? It's better to be frank about it so that nobody's time is wasted." She said sharply before walking towards his room with a huff.

Isabella saw him wince at her tone and she felt a wave of satisfaction wash through her. "Of course." He exclaimed as she entered his room.

"What do you want to talk about, Bells?" Anthony asks, not even bothering to close the door. He went back to the desk at the corner of his room and leaned against it, his arms crossed and his gaze hardened when he finally faced her.

Isabella rolled her eyes. "You know what, Anthony." She grumbled. "I don't want to take any more time than I already have."

He sighed. "There's nothing to talk about."

She threw her hands in the air. "Bullshit."

"Isabella—" Anthony started but she pointed her index finger at him and gave him a warning look.

"Bull-shit." She emphasized angrily, waving her finger on his face.

He walked towards her until he towered over Isabella. "You watch your tone, young lady." He growled, giving her a withering glare.

"Elois' outburst weren't nothing, all of your accusations weren't nothing. You throwing me away like some freaking trash weren't just nothing, Anthony!"

She realized that she couldn't keep her anger for them in check. She was so mad because it's them. They were the reason for her pain, they were the reason why she couldn't sleep at night because she was too busy thinking of a reason why they left.

They left her and she didn't know why.

"Didn't you get your answer already?" Anthony asked and his words cut through her like a knife. "You heard it from Dmitri already, didn't you? What's there to talk about?"

Isabella's hands were shaking as she looked at Anthony in utter disbelief. "You can't possibly believe that." She said. "You can't."

"I can and I will." He scoffed. "You can't control any of what I or anyone believes, Isabella. Plus, I wasn't the one who accused you in front of everyone. It was Elois. So I don't understand why you need to talk to me when it's him you should have headed to."

Anthony, sweet brother of hers. He changed. She couldn't believe he did but he actually did. The man standing in front of her wasn't her brother anymore. This was a man accusing her of the things she didn't even do.

It hurts.

"You're unbelievable." She muttered under her breath as she felt the burning tears threaten to fall. Grief overwhelmed her when she realized that her brother died the moment he left her.

Isabella pinched the bridge of her nose in disbelief as hot tears dripped her cheeks. "Damn it, Anthony." She muttered. When did things fall apart like this? When did things all disappeared?

"Is this all you have to say to me?" Anthony asked, making her look at him and grab his collar wildly, a desperate look plastered on her face. 

"Anthony!" She exclaimed but he grabbed her wrists and gave her a twisted and tired smile.

"What?" He asked harshly. "What do you want me to say? 'I'm sorry'? Is that it? Is that what you want? Fine then, Isabella. I'm sorry that I left you—that WE left, alright?" He exclaimed, glaring at her.

"That's not it!" She screeched, hoping that his lips were closed so that he could just listen to her words and not this.

Not this.

Please.

"Then what, Isabella? Were you expecting us to come back and act like nothing happened? Like we're still a family? Isabella." He said her name like he was so tired and annoyed with her. Like Isabella was everything he was furious about. Isabella. "Please, just stop." He grinded out, making her feel suddenly guilty.

He looks at her in desperation. "Enough, Isabella."

Isabella shakes her head. Was she actually expecting them to act like a family? Did she want them to act like one? Was that the reason why she strolled in her brother's—Anthony's— room just like that? Was that it?

"Anthony—"

Before she could get another word out, a loud sound resonated throughout the whole room and suddenly, everything slowed.

Isabella turned around slowly, her ears still ringing, her hands still shaking, her lower lip quivering as she looked.

And then there stood Nicolai.

Her friend then now, her enemy.

He held a gun in his hand, his eyes wild but he looked determined. He looked as though he had expected this. As though he planned...

Isabella turned to look at Anthony.

His pool of blood flooded the floor immediately and tainted her feet like paint. She suddenly couldn't breathe. She couldn't inhale and exhale properly.

"Anthony." She wheezed out in disbelief. "Anthony?"

Anthony's eyes were shaking as he looked at her. He couldn't talk. He could barely breathe as well. His eyes moved towards Nicolai and Isabella turned around to face Nicolai again.

Nicolai lowered his gun and turned to look at her.

"I told you I was sorry."

______

HAVE A JOLLY CHRISTMAS, GUYSSSS

(⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS (⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕⁠✿⁠)

(Just so you know, I'm nice and I'm not evil, okay? *Hides behind a boulder*)

I'm sorry for not updating and for the mistakes here.... (⁠´⁠ ⁠.⁠ ⁠.̫⁠ ⁠.⁠ ⁠'⁠) I still hope you enjoyed it °^°