Chapter 62

Author's Note;

I know, I know. I'm sorry for the really late chapter, three months is way too long, and I'm sorry. Like I said in the Author's Note, many things happened, and I was working on this almost every day to try to get this done. I re-wrote things a million times before I even liked them and did this justice. I decided to send this part first, even though I wanted it together, because the battle was twice as long as ever; twice as long as other battle-focused chapters I did, and I thought this was way too long. I finished the battle sections and am doing another round of editing; it will be out soon, within the week rather than the three months. This is more the calm before the storm. Hope you like it. This is a bit more emotional than a battle scene. Don't forget to vote and share. Thank you, guys, for following me for this long. The end is coming. Hopefully, you like it. Thank you, love you all.

Percy POV

When I woke up, it was the night before my birthday. I was asleep for days, not hours. Apollo cabin was watching me and ensuring I was healing correctly, making sure Evolgia was healing me by keeping it at my side. I didn't feel as bad as before, near death's door due to the godly feats and everything else. I wasn't fully healed, but it would have to do. Will Solace told me everything that happened. He glazed over when he told me six campers died from injuries. I wrapped him in a hug. He was surprised at first but hugged tighter into me.

"You did the best you could. Do you honestly think I would survive sitting on two godly thrones after everything I did?" I asked him rhetorically.

"I didn't tell anyone, but you flatlined twice. I was with four of my siblings, and I made them swear on the Styx never to tell another person. If anyone found out you died during the fight," he let the statement stay there.

He was right. I knew I was going to die if I sat on thrones. But I had trust in Will. Aphrodite was not there when I sat on the thrones. And the curse I bear from Eros says explicitly that she will watch me die every time. Will was going to save me. But if word leaked that I was killed in battle. What little morale we had would crumble away before Kronos even made it to Olympus.

"Tomorrow is my birthday," I said. Will didn't know what to say to that. You can't just say; happy birthday, maybe next year, don't wish for the extinction of the mortal race. "Win or lose, tomorrow the war ends. Win or lose, tomorrow the sixth age will come, and we already saw the end of the fifth."

"What do you mean?" Will asked, scared.

"The end of the fifth age will be marked with death in mass. As you can see, most of the world is underwater. A great flood, most of the world has drowned already. I hope my other barriers have saved everyone in them," I admitted.

"Percy," Beckendorf said, shocked, walking into the room. It was then I realized we were in one of the rooms of the council chambers. Or rather one of the side rooms in the building. Everything was made of marble and stone. "You're finally awake."

"Who's taken charge?" I asked without missing a beat.

"Zoe has taken the lead with hunters. Thalia tried, but...she lost a lot of support after Bianca's death. Silena tried to rally the campers, but everyone learned about her...relationship with the enemy. That didn't do her any favors." I noticed Beckendorf was avoiding the word traitor for my daughter. I was touched, but my feelings about my daughter's choices were not something I wanted to think about. "With Clarisse and Annabeth dead, we didn't have a clear second in command. That was until Chiron started speaking."