Chapter 42

Author's Note;

Hey guys! I'm sorry for the late updates; I'm full-time at work and going to school, and it's taking most of my time away from writing. Thank you for still reading this even though my updates have had gaps than promised. It makes me so happy this story is still going strong and growing.

With that said....Thank you! The story has been up for over a year now, and I can't believe it has gotten this big. I initially published the first three chapters of this story late at night, thinking to myself that if I never post something, I'll never get better at writing. It was a last-minute decision saying, "Screw it!" I don't regret anything and am thankful for the feedback. I used to be horrible with anything related to writing, but a friend of mine told me my descriptions and imagination were too good to be left unused. Sadly, she and I don't talk anymore, but she is still a massive part of my writing, and I would not be publishing this without her support. But now, it's not her support that drives me but more so the support of you readers.

You are all amazing! Thank you for reading. Please vote on the story and leave a comment! 

Percy POV

We continued on down the maze until we found a room filled with waterfalls. The room was covered with damp, wet walls as the waterfalls led all the water down a bottomless cavernous pit. Leaves and vegetation grew on the damp rocks. But the vegetation did not reach the crater. The area surrounding the pit was a dark volcanic rock.

"This pit leads straight to Tartarus. Maybe I should jump in and save you the trouble," Briares told the group.

"Please don't say that," Silena reassured.

"You honestly would cause us even more trouble if you do," I muttered. Annabeth and Grover elbowed me to shut me up.

"I think you are awesome. You helped the gods win the first time. I think you are more than able to do it again," Silena told him.

"What about your brothers? They can help us too!" Tyson said happily.

"They are faded. They faded long ago," Briares told us.

"Faded? What's that again?" Beckendorf asked.

"That's when a deity doesn't want to live anymore. They willingly give into the void of chaos and stop existing. On a side note, the more beings there are sacrificed to the void, the more powerful the next being born will be. That's why the primordials are so powerful. The void was full of potential. And why the gods are weaker in comparison, the number of deities that exist are far more now than there were when the primordials came to be," Annabeth informed.

"That last part makes a lot of sense. I never thought of it like that," I thought out loud.

"We could use your help," Silena advised.

"I am no help," he told us.

I grabbed one of his arms and pulled him towards one of the waterfalls. I told him that he could help. Tyson believed in him, and if Tyson believed in him, that meant that not only do I believe in him, but the whole of Poseidon cabin believed in him even though they didn't know it yet. I told him everything that happened so far since Luke betrayed us, everything leading up to Zeus' cabin switching sides. I told him that if Tyson believed he could help us fight off an army, I thought he could fight ten of them.

Briars then said that he didn't have a cheating coin to make everything easy, unlike me. He didn't have a magic coin that made sure he could win. He looked sad, depressed. He looked as though hope was a distant memory lost to the sands of time. He began to walk away before he could walk into the shadows of another tunnel; I spoke up.