Chapter 28

Percy POV

We ran to the car and got in as quickly as possible. Everyone piled in and Aperio (the golden one) and Aioniotita (the one looked dark and like space when the light hits it just right) jumped and took the shotgun position from Marc.

"Why does Percy get to drive? And why are the cats in shotgun?" Marc asked.

"Let's put it to a vote. All in favor of Marcus driving, raise your hand," Thalia told the car. Everyone did the opposite and actually put their hands closer to the ground. "Everyone in favor of Percy driving raise your hand." Everyone put both hands up, even the lions, Aperio (the golden one) even began to hop up in the air to make sure his point was made. "Motion carried. Now drive!"

I tried to drive off at top speed. Thalia told us something was coming, and I looked in the review mirror to see a black attack helicopter following us. I tried to lose it in traffic but quickly realized they made the car, meaning that they knew that this car was ours and that we weren't getting rid of them.

"Dad, a lightning bolt would be really good about now," Thalia prayed.

"Make that two," Marc added. The sky continued to look the same and the gray clouds never came.

"Oh, yeah, smart," Silena told everyone. "Tell the god a with an electric nuke to send one of those explosives, death blasts on a helicopter that is literally above us. We definitely won't de in a fiery explosion," she told the group sarcastically. I could imagine Aphrodite rolling her eyes at the fact Silena inherited my sarcasm.

Zoe and Bianca turned around and fixed themselves so that their upper bodies were outside the window. They began firing arrows at the helicopter but whenever they had a good shot the helicopter swerved to avoid the volley. Then a man came out with a gun and fired it. The bullet grazed Zoe and hit my metal arm. Zoe pulled her and gave her a quick check-up to see nothing too life threatening.

The bullet bounced off my imperial gold arm with sparks coming off as an after-effect and hit my windshield. The crack covered the entire windshield and was impossible to see through, making it impossible to drive. I punched the windshield out and made it so I could see since there was no broken glass in my way.

"The parking lot, go there," Bianca screamed when she returned into the car to avoid the bullets from the mercenaries and noticed where we were.

"We'll be trapped," Silena told her.

"Trust me," Bianca told us.

"Always bet on a di Angelo, they're rich and lucky," I told the car when I made an illegal turn to cross five lanes of traffic.

We parked in the parking lot and Bianca said we could take the subway. When we got tickets, people recognized me and wanted to meet and greet me. This was getting out of hand. I was famous in a bunch of lives but this time it is really annoying since it's happening on a quest. I could see that some people that I turned down were extremely angry, like I going to blow up an entire building angry. Aphrodite's disappearance is getting out of hand and if we don't fix this soon it will get worse.

"Nice call with the subway!" Thalia celebrated bringing Bianca into a hug.

"Yeah, I remembered when I saw it. I was surprised since when Nico and I lived here it wasn't here," Bianca told us.

"This is pretty old," Grover told her. "It has been here for a while."

"When I saw it here last time, I was shocked since it was never here before."

"Never here before like this was new to you?" Thalia asked.

"Yeah, weird, right."

"Not really," I muttered but only Zoe and Silena could hear me. They looked at me as if I knew something they didn't.