Chapter 46

Percy POV

Hours went by as I drifted into the sea and soon washed up on the shore of camp. I walked off and into the woods of camp, towards the central pyre. When I got there, I could hear Chiron making an announcement, or at least I could listen to the tail end of it.

"After so long, we have to assume Persues Jackson is no longer among us in the living. With that being said, I asked one of his closest of friends as well as some of his cabin mates to speak for him before we honor his memory," Chron said in front of the large pyre burning brightly. Still, the fire was small for some reason, it burned brightly, but the flames were nothing compared to what they usually were. I guess they would be if everyone thought that I died.

Annabeth and Adonia stood up on the podium to speak for me. I walked through the back behind everyone. No one had seen me yet, and everyone looking forward to the two speakers.

"Percy was one of the greatest friends I have ever had. Loyal to a fault, strong but not because of being a demigod. He was amazing, and... he's standing right there," Annabeth finally said, noticing me in the back. Everyone looked at me in shock.

"What? Continue on; I always wanted to be at my own funeral," I joked.

Once I said that, everyone in the Poseidon cabin bum-rushed me and tackled me to the ground in a big hug. Ares cabin made a few curses that I was still alive, and Clarisse rolled her eyes as if she was disappointed that I had the nerve to still be alive. Still, then she gave me a smirk as if to say that she knew I was too stubborn to die so quickly. Little Margey didn't know what to do, but she was happy. When she saw all the Poseidon cabin besides Adonia on a dogpile on top of me, she walked up to me and patted my head a few times.

"I like you alive. Don't die again," she told me. Adonia saw her, picked her up, and set her on the dogpile. Adonia then walked over to the other side, away from Margey, and stood stiff for a few seconds. Then she showed off her muscles on her arm before tapping her elbow twice and jumping in the air and full-body elbowing five of our siblings on the way down to the ground.

After a few seconds, I got tired of being at the bottom and stood up with every single last one of them on my shoulders. The dogpile was entirely being carried by me as all my siblings began fighting each other on my shoulders, and some of them were still trying to hug me, thanking dad that I was still alive.

"Percy!" I looked over to see Beckendorf standing tall and walking towards me. "Thank the gods."

"Beckendorf!" I said, bringing him into a big hug. Or, rather, he tried to give me a hug. It was hard, considering he had to avoid the occasional kicking leg and punching arm. "Where's Tyson?"

"We split up. We ran into Grover, Silena, and the lions on our way back, and they looked like they could use a bit more muscle. I was going to go with them, but we thought it best that one of us be there to give you back Olethros when you got back from the forges. It was going to be Tyson, but since he has a better nose, it made sense for him to stay with the other since they are going to be in the maze longer and could use all the advantages they could get," Beckendorf told me.

"Olethros, it's finished?" I asked.

"Yes. Everything is balanced out," Beckendorf gave me a small box that you couldn't fit anything much bigger than a ring in. "Dad made sure to do everything in his power to make that better. He didn't limit himself to his usual tactics either. He told me to say there are many gods, and with every god, there are many ways to do things."

"In other words, he didn't only use Greek and Roman ways to improve Olehtors. Probably Norse and Egyptian too," I uttered to myself out of earshot from everyone.