The Purple Rain Premiere.

July 27th 1984

Imani's Pov- It had been quite a while since me and Prince had come back from Encino, and here we were again in LA, well technically Hollywood, and finally after many long awaited months...it was finally the day of the premiere of Prince's newest movie "Purple Rain." It was 2pm now and the movie premiere would start later tonight so we had some time to get ready. Prince was talking to his security and talking to his team about the event and I was putting the finishing touches on the dress I planned to wear tonight. I heard Prince and Apollonia downstairs trying to get their outfits nice and coordinated for the night, and I also heard Prince keep comparing Apollonia to himself and being quite cocky, so I headed down to see what they were up to. "Hey! I hear you guys from in my room!" I laughed "Yea, he's in a pain in my behind." Apollonia said as she pointed to Prince, who just rolled his eyes at the both of us when I nodded, agreeing with Apollonia. I took Apollonia upstairs to fix her up with some of my jewelry, while Prince got over himself.

Prince Pov- It's not that I'm overly obsessed with myself, even though I am pretty cool, I just want everything perfect for the night. I wanted all 3 of our outfits to match in a eccentric way, me, Imani, and Apollonia, since she was my co-star and love interest in the movie. Imani already looked beautiful in her dark purple off the shoulder dress she was gonna wear, and to be honest Apollonia looked amazing in her light purple mesh dress, but it was me that wanted to look better. Finally after what seemed like 777 more times since the girls had left that I had fixed my outfit, it looked right. Then soon after the girls came down and Apollonia was holding a bunch of jewelry she was considering wearing tonight. "Prince? Can I wear this gold purse, gold hoops and this gold ruby ring?" Apollonia asked "Sure, I think that would look pretty good with your dress." she smiled and began to put them on, as it was already almost time to go. Imani and Apollonia went upstairs and got dressed and I had the rest of my makeup done.

Imani's Pov- Me and Apollonia were putting our dresses on and chuckling to each other from inside the closet and the room where she was changing. As we walked out we stared into the big mirror I had in my bedroom "Woah Missy, you look gorgeous" I said to Apollonia, "Why thank you, you don't look to bad yourself." she said in a very Princely manner. We both laughed at her tone and then the hair and makeup people came to start on our hair and makeup. Soon enough it was time. Hair was done. Makeup, check and outfits on. We smirked at each other as our heels clicked against the stairs as we walked down, and there waiting at the bottom of the stairs was my man. "What do you think Prince?" I said to him. "You 2 look stunning! Alright, let's go." just like that he grabbed our hands, and into the purple limo, we went, on the way to the premiere of a lifetime. Finally, we arrived, the band and all in one car, me and Apollonia were squished on each side of Prince, and the rest of his band occupied the rest of the car. First, his band got out, then Prince, Me, Apollonia, and then Prince's bodyguard. We walked into the premiere and all we saw were camera flashes and all we heard were screaming fans and questions. We just boss-walked our way into the building. Me hand in hand with Prince, and Apollonia close behind. Upon our arrival at the premiere, I had a feeling that this movie would be amazing and that it would be a huge success and hoped that Prince felt the same. Knowing him, he most likely did, his ego was as big as Saturn.

Prince Pov- The night was going amazing and everyone had arrived on time. Many smiling faces and excited fans crowded the building. Me and the girls found our seats, and just as we did, the lights went down. The movie was fantastic, I looked so amazing, and I could tell Apollonia knew she looked beautiful as well. Mani kissed me as we got up from our seats and whispered in my ear "It was fantastic, love." I said hello to a few friends, including Morris Day, and then me and girls made our way to the after-party, along with the rest of the people. Now that the "Purple Rain Premiere" was happening right in front of my eyes, I knew what I'd be working on next, "The Grand Caribbean Proposal." for my love Imani.