Bryant Junior High School.

Imani's Pov- New bed....New house...and now its time to make some new friends. I hopped out of bed and dug through the boxes to find a decent outfit to wear to my first day at a new school. After I was finished getting ready I ran downstairs to grab some toast and a juice box, said goodbye to my little brother and parents and barely caught the bus. I sat in the back...all the kids just stared at me, and I could feel their eyes on me the whole time I was drawing. Finally after a drive that was very awkward we arrived at the new school...."Here it goes" I said as I jumped out of the bus.

As I walked in the halls I got the strangest looks from all the kids "Oh look! It's the new girl" I heard someone say. I was almost to my locker when I bumped into someone and all my books fell to the ground.

-------------------------------

"Oh, I am so sorry!-Imani

"Naw, Naw it's ok! Lemme help you!"

"Thank you!"-Imani

"It's cool, so what's your name?

"I'm Imani, and yours?"-Imani

"Prince, but they call me Skipper."

"That's a cool name!"-Imani

"Thanks! Well I gotta get to class...you should too...Imani"

"Ok, bye..Skipper!"-Imani

-------------------------------

"He was really nice." I thought to myself as I walked to my first class of the day, History. The teacher introduced me to the class and then I sat down, but something felt familiar in that classroom. Sure enough, I looked behind me and there he was sitting right behind me, Skipper. As I glanced at him he smiled and whispered sarcastically to me "Pay attention, we are learning about the American Civil War!!" I laughed to myself and looked at the teacher.

Lunch Time- The bell rang...and finally it was time to got to lunch. As I walked out the door with my bagged lunch Skipper patted me on the shoulder "Hey girl, wanna eat lunch with me in the music room?" as I was nodding yes he grabbed my wrist and dragged me there. There we sat in the music room...eating lunch. He had his lunch in a paper bag and it had his name on it....and mine also had my name on it.

-------------------------------

"So Imani...you from Brooklyn huh?"-Skipper

"Yes, I am!"-Imani

"If you from NY...what brings you to Minny?"-Skipper

"My dad had a job offer up here and that's why I'm here, I'd much rather be in Brooklyn"-Imani

"Ohh that's dog...you gonna make me cry. So you would rather of never met me?"-Skipper

"Nah! I didn't mean it like that! It is fun meeting you, your really the only good thing here in Minny."-Imani

"That's cool, your pretty good too"-Skipper

"Sooo, whatchu got for lunch?"-Skipper

"A ham sandwich, apple slices, chips and soda, you?"-Imani

"Chips, of some sort...a bottle water and veggie soup"-Skipper

"I love vegetable soup...."-Imani

"Whats that supposed to mean? You want it or sum?-Skipper

"If you don't mind...yes. I'll trade you my ham sandwich!-Imani

"You can have it, but give me that sandwich, cuz girl I'm hungry too!"-Skipper

"Ok, ok here!"-Imani

-15 Minutes Later-

"Can I play you something on the piano?"-Skipper

"Sure! You like music too?"-Imani

"Cool, and yes, I can play some instruments"-Skipper

"Me too! I can play guitar and piano!"-Imani

-------------------------------

He played some classics on the piano and he was REALLY good. Then just as he finished playing his last song, the bell rang. We went our separate ways and back to class we went. Finally after what seemed like forever, it was time to go home. As I walked out the front of the school..there Skipper was with his friends just looking at me and smiling. Right as I was about to get on the bus he ran up right behind me and sat next to me on the bus. Soon it came his time to get off the bus and I realized he lived a few houses down from where I lived...I told him where I lived just as he was hopping off and he said "Maybe I'll come around some time" then the bus doors shut and it was time for me to get off the bus seconds later. Just as I walked in, there my mom was, making dinner. Once dinner was ready I threw my homework aside anxious to tell my parents about my new friend, Skipper.