Timing Is Everything.

Imani's Pov- After 2 weeks of waiting for just the right time to tell our parents we were together, today was the day. Something about this day just felt, well, right. Today we would tell my parents, and another day we would tell his. My parents were never really into my life and still really aren't, they trust me and just send me on my way, they never gave me limits to dating or what age it should happen so I just hoped it would all go smooth. I got up and got ready and then called Skipper to see what time he would be at my house. After a normal breakfast and small talk with my parents, who happened to be off work today, Skipper knocked at the door. "I'll get it!!" I said as I ran to the door to greet my boyfriend. I kissed him when no one was looking and he kissed me right back and whispered "Today is the day my love, but always remember, no matter what happens today, know....I will never leave you." Just as he said the last word my parents called to us from the kitchen as we made our way in. "Oh hello young man! You must be Skipper!" my mom exclaimed happily, "Hello Mrs. Williams!" Skipper replied. My dad gave Skipper a sly look as he walked over to sit down, and my little baby brother always just smiled and laughed at the face of a new guest. My dad, always very quiet and not the nicest man just looked at me and Skipper as he drank his morning cup of coffee. "So you too, what is it that we are talking about here today" my lovely mother said over the awkward silence. "Well mother there is something very important that we are here for today." I said as I looked at Skipper, motioning for him to say something, "Exactly, this happened a little bit ago and today felt like the right time for us to tell you." Skipper said. My mother just looked at the both of us with a proud yet curious expression, out of the blue my dad said "Ok so what is it, did he get you pregnant or something?" me and Skipper looked at each other in surprise and I uttered "N-No dad! I'm not pregnant!" my mom chuckled and finally it was time for us to say what we came here for..."Dad...Mom, he's is my boyfriend, and I am his girlfriend." I said excitedly. My mom sat up with a huge smile on her face, and my dad just smirked in the corner as he put a cigarette in his mouth. "My baby is growing up! She has a boyfriend and everything!" my mom yelled as she hugged me. My dad just gave me this look that said it all, a look of pure uneasiness, like he didn't trust this boy I was with. My mom went to hug Skipper and he embraced her right back, the look on his face was out of pure joy and relief. My mom grabbed both Skipper's hand and held them as she said to him "Now young man, you take good care of my baby." Skipper smiled at me then looked right back to my mom "Yes, absolutely Mrs. Williams." And just like that we were in my room jamming out to some James Brown and Miles Davis on my record player. We were both relieved and happy, but that was only one weight off our shoulders, now we would have to tell Skippers parents, but that was a chapter for another day.