Funk Machine.

Imani's Pov- It was sunset and he realized he should probably get going home. He kissed me and then started got up and said "Mani! Wanna walk home with me? I wanna show you something!" I sprang up from my bed and immediately grabbed his hand and went with him. We walked down to his house and he opened the door with the little key underneath the door mat. We walked inside and he headed straight toward the piano "Sit down over there" he said to me. Just as I sat down he started to play the piano. As he played the melody he said with the tune "You like this? I wrote it when I was 7" I was shocked "Wow, it's really good! What's it called" he replied with "Funk Machine" I smiled and went over to sit next him on the Piano seat as he sang the song. The way the creativity just sprung out of him and it was so fun to watch his creative process go to town as he sang and played the piano. Once he finished the song I realized It was time to go home. I kissed him goodbye and he walked me to the door, thankfully it wasn't dark yet. As I walked home I listened to the bugs outside and started to get cold. Finally I made it home, I got inside and grabbed a soda ad went to sit in my room. Just then, the phone rang in my room, I picked up. "Hello?" I said "I miss you." a familiar voice said back "Skipper...I just left!" he didn't care and all he wanted was to talk to me. We stayed on the phone and it almost felt as if he was sitting right beside me. Time flew by and before we knew it, the clock had struck 10. I had to get off the phone and go to bed and get rest for school tomorrow. "I love you and see you tomorrow." I said "Love you more." he whispered as he hung up the phone. I laid there dreaming about all the fun times we had ahead and grabbed my notebook and started to write a song about it. ''Dreaming about you is a dream come true, thinking about your face always makes me feel a certain way and all the times we have ahead..." I wrote. I started to doze off as I set my pen down, and within just a little bit I was asleep dreaming about seeing him again.