Radiance (Chaehyun - Kep1er)

"So, how do I look?"

No words are enough to describe how divine she looked—how her body and dress couldn't complement each other more.

To say she was perfect would be an understatement. She was beyond perfection.

Your attention is drawn away from the phone in your hand, in the middle of taking pictures of the dolled up idol like you're her model photographer, and her beauty shines more radiantly with the naked eye compared to the camera lens. She's examining herself in front of the mirror, sizing herself up from head to toe. A risque outfit by industry standards, her long white dress, along with the little jewelry to adorn her, is intricately designed to attract every eye on her when she comes face to face with the bright lights of the red carpet—cameras, fans, everyone.

By most accounts, this was a risk—one that was large for a rookie group and idol to take.

"That's the look of a winner," you comment, clicking another photo of the gorgeous idol—your girlfriend—right in front of you.

"Please," Chaehyun spins around, has this sarcastic edge in her voice, like your words are nothing but flattery—which they are. She looks down at her chest, adjusting her cleavage to hide those prized assets of hers, but they can't help but stick out in a sea of perfection. "You know well that's not true."

"What?" You lift an eyebrow, confused. "That you're gorgeous? Of course you are!"

"No, no, silly." Chaehyun approaches you, each step of her high heels clicking on the marble floor, then she playfully slaps you on the shoulder. "You know damn well we're not going to win anything tonight, stop puffing me up."

Admittedly, you knew deep down there was a less than zero percent chance of her group winning any competitive award, especially amongst other rookies. By all statistical accounts, their peers have surpassed them in every category—digitals, sales, views. Still, it doesn't change the fact that they've had a successful debut campaign, and are deserving to be recognized up there with their contemporaries.

"No, I believe in you guys," you say, shaking your head. "I'm sure you will have at least one win tonight."

"Stop joking around. This isn't funny at all," grumbles Chaehyun, showing slight contempt with her stern glare. It's disheartening to hear such defeatism from her, especially with how positive and optimistic she has been throughout the year. Not once have you seen her look dispirited, until now. Nothing breaks your heart as much as seeing her radiant face fade with dejection.

In a perfect world, you wouldn't have gone out of your way to spend thousands to glam her up and the rest of her members. She could have saved herself all the trouble; feign sickness, stay in this hotel to cuddle with you, and everything would have turned out fine. After all they've been through this year, no one would blame her or the group for taking a day—hell, even a week—off. Of course, you didn't really need to step in for their styling department, but with the way their management has handled their outfits throughout award season, you knew it was time for an intervention.