Make me happy, make me scared (Choi Yena)

A fanmeet usually starts somewhere between 2 and 6 p

A fanmeet usually starts somewhere between 2 and 6 p.m. You have been there since you had lunch. Five hours later, you're still waiting.

It's already 8:00 p.m. and you're still seated in the hotel ballroom with four others. That's the other thing very noticeable. Usually there'd be plenty of cameras, staff, and more than around 20-to-30 audience members, mostly fan sites. Not today. The enclosed space feels vast when there's only five of you close together—waiting without a waver in your patience. Occasionally you'd hear a rumble of an empty stomach that elicits an audible giggle in the midst of the awkward silence.

As for the guys you're stuck with, they're all seemingly fine people—most of them anyway. Some of them sleep. Others mindlessly scroll through their phones.

They appear to be close to your age bracket—save for one. The older gentleman with a elderly beard creeps you out. After all, he's a notable stand out in the lucky list, being somewhere around his early forties based on his appearance. You try not to make much of it and assume the best, otherwise he wouldn't have been selected for a good reason.

At least you all shared something in common: a love for Choi Yena.

Speaking of, just as you look away from him, the doors ahead of you open. You'd complain angrily about the hours wasted waiting, but you certainly wouldn't want to look bad in front of your idol—especially in such an intimate setting.

Entering the next room awaits five chairs surrounded by couches and blankets all over the floor. Still no sign of personnel or anyone else for that matter. After you've all passed, the doors behind you automatically close. The unusual ambiance combined with the lack of staff puts you on edge. Meanwhile, the other fans act like there's nothing to worry about.

You just wish for this tasteless prank to end.

As you take your seats, you hear a slight rumble of footsteps from behind the panel. All eyes watch intently as the woman of the hour makes her entrance, enthusiastically waving to her most dedicated fans.

"Hi everyone!" Yena waves from the stage, her gummy smile and cute charms present for all to see. This was the idol you admired from behind a television screen, now bright as the sun to your eyes. Waiting for this moment was always worth it—heck, you'd bide even longer. Anything for her.

Her exuberant energy is met with equally resonant claps and cheers from everyone, including you. Unlike the others, you bothered not to pull a camera or phone out. The memories you keep from tonight will be more memorable than an image on a digital plaster. No one can take that away from you.

"I know you're all tired and exhausted from waiting, but I wanted to make this show very personal for you all! You'll have a unique experience that no one else can say they have!" Yena's enthusiasm once again evokes a lively response from her audience.