Distance (Yeji, Lia, Ryujin - Itzy)

"Oppa! You like the photos I sent you?"

Jisu's cheery voice echoes through your earpods. Slide from FaceTime to your Messenger and find six new shots in your DMs. Of course you like the photos she messaged you. You were growing a little concerned with her diminishing weight and slimming figure. Such is the arduous idol lifestyle, but those worries have been dashed with her latest pics. She looks so good in Adidas, even though you're more of a Nike person.

"Yeah, I have seen them. Looking amazing as always, love."

Her features conjure a smile that you never grow tired of. Jisu loves hearing your compliments, even more than from her members. You beam in response. It's been over a year since you last met in person, let alone dated. Curse this pandemic tearing a hole in your relationship. Video calls are decent, but you want to see her in the flesh — feel every touch, every word from her mouth against yours. You want her close. No. You want her right beside you.

"It's been a while since we last saw each other." Jisu's jovial tone abruptly changes to a gloomy one. A reflection of the fact you try not to remind yourself. She pouts. This is clearly not your fault, but her expressions make it seem like you're the problem. "When will you see me again, babe?"

Look at your surroundings. Tight and enclosed, but comfortable enough. "I honestly don't know, but please know I still love you, right?"

Flash a reassuring smile. She does in return. Your words are conveyed sincerely to convince her you're not up to something suspicious. "Of course, love."

"You're working really hard, Jisu. I hope you're eating well, or else." You swerve the topic from serious to lighthearted again. It works. Her laughter is all you need.

"Or else what?" She continues giggling through her mocking threat.

"Or else I'll come over there and beat JYP so hard, he won't know what hit him."

You'd probably follow through on that remark, just because. Who knows what terrible things he's done to Jisu and her members, and her weight is probably the least problematic of them. Perhaps she's hiding other horrible experiences from you. From your shared conversations, it seems like everything's all fine and dandy. For now.

"Look, it's getting real late here, so I'm going to bed," you say with a yawn at the end.

"Late? It's only noon. Surely you have another hour at least."

"I'm getting really exhausted, plus I have a busy work day tomorrow."

"What is that noise in the background? I can hear something loud from your side."

Oh no. She can't find out exactly where you are. Airplanes are supposed to be quiet inside. Your seat in business class may be relaxing, but it doesn't block out the crying baby four aisles away. Need to think of an alibi quickly.