Daybreak (Lee Chaeyeon)

After a rowdy night, daylight breaks

The sun steadily looms over an empty beach. Gentle waves lower leg deep crash on the sand while a flock of seagulls roost on the branches of the coconut trees. The vastness of the falling night parts to the orange glow of the morning. Everyone's settled inside the hotel, either passed out from drunkenness or soundly asleep in the comfort of their rooms.

As the early hours of the day pass, the sun rises high above the heavens. Before the eighth hour, the skies are clear and blue.

Light pierces through the clear door-sized window white curtains that hide your presence in one of the hotel rooms. It spares no one—not even you. Eventually it makes its way over to the bed which ultimately wakes you up from deep slumber. Disturbed, you blink rapidly while you lift a lazy arm over your eyes as cover from the permeating gleam.

On the desk next to your king sized bed is a digital alarm clock. Tilt your head to the right.

7:42 a.m.

You shouldn't be up this early, considering how everything ended at almost three in the morning. Too late. Time to get up.

Rather than jump out of bed, you first turn to the opposite side. Next to you is one of the best idol dancers in the industry, but more importantly, your loving girlfriend. She's fast asleep, lightly snoring, face down directly on the mattress, not on the pillow and completely naked. It's adorable how she looks; a complete opposite from the night before when she fucked you with many pleasure contorted expressions. Without making a sound, you spin through the blankets and touch the ground with your toes, the cold surface immediately making you wince. While suppressing the lump in your throat, your feet claw for the pair of slippers close by.

Getting up from bed—screw a bathrobe and boxers, no one's really going to spot you anyway—you walk to the sliding doors right away for a quick peek outside. More light makes its way in as you part the curtains. Sun is high, the waters are blue as the skies above, and the nearby cafes, beaches, and pools begin to teem with life.

What a beautiful day today is going to be.

It's so bright out and so is the smile on your face. As you look behind you, Chaeyeon is still fast asleep, her bare back exposed to the light protruding through the door. Though you'd want to wake her up, she looks so comfortable sleeping that you'd rather not. So you close the blinds to block out the sunlight completely.

"Mm, put it back." you hear a gentle voice. There's no one else in this room but you two. Was she watching you the whole time? Your gaze immediately locks in on Chaeyeon, still in that sleeping position.

"Chae?"

She raises her head from the sheets, a partially opened eye meeting yours. "Put it back."

Without delay you comply with what she commands. You put the blinds aside to allow the light to enter once more.