Part 19

Meredith

IT WAS MORNING. We drive off to the highway, thinking the others would've met up where we left a sign for Sophia when she was missing. We eventually caught up to the familiar mint green car. And knew it was Maggie driving.

We made it to the highway and we ride up to the grass. We found Rick, Hershel, Carol and Carl standing around. Maggie pulls up beside us, and I could see Glenn was driving. An approaching truck pulls our attention, T-Dog, Lori and Beth.

Everyone embraces each other happily. Carl is quick to run up to me and gives me a tight hug after reuniting with Lori.

"You're all here." Rick smiles happily. He turns to Daryl. "Where'd you find everyone?"

"Well, those guys' tail lights zigzagging all over the road- figured it had to be Asian, driving like that." Daryl points to Glenn. Glenn laughs, nodding his head.

"Good one." He responds.

"Found her running down the driveway, figured I'd stop by and help the damsel in distress." Daryl continues.

"Screw you." I laugh.

"Where's the rest of us?" He asks.

"We're the only ones who made it so far." Rick says.

"Shane?" Lori asks. Rick shakes his head. Shit. Didn't see that coming.

"Andrea?" Glenn asks.

"She saved me, then I lost her." Carol states.

"We saw her go down." I nodded. I turn to T. "You do realize you knocked me out of the bed, right?" I ask him.

"Yeah, uh, sorry about that." He lightly chuckles. "I felt guilty when I looked back and saw you gone."

"Patricia?" Hershel asks.

"They got her too," Beth says softly. "took her right in front of me. I was-I was holding' onto her, daddy. She just-" She hides her face into Hershel for a moment. "What about Jimmy? Did you see Jimmy?" She asks.

"He was in the RV. It got overrun." Rick informs her.

"You definitely saw Andrea?" Carol asks me.

"There were walkers everywhere." Lori says.

"Did you see her?" Carol continues.

"I'm gonna go back." Daryl says.

"No." Rick stops him.

"We can't just leave her." Daryl argues.

"We don't even know if she's there." Lori says.

"She isn't there. She isn't." Rick shakes his head. "She's somewhere else or she's dead. There's no way to find her."

"So we're not even gonna look for her?" I ask.

"We gotta keep moving." Rick nods. "There have been walkers crawling all over here."

"I say head east." T nods.

"Stay off the main roads." Daryl says. "Bigger the road, the more walkers, more assholes like this one. I got him." Daryl and I raised our bows and we fired at the same time, taking down the walker.

Hershel, Maggie, Beth, Carol and Glenn drive in the mint green car. Rick, Lori, Carl, Carol and T-Dog ride in the red truck, leaving Daryl and I on the bike. I walk over to the blue truck and found my bag remaining in the bed. I grabbed it and threw it in the mint green car. Daryl and I guide the caravan.

We've been driving for a few hours, searching for a good place. We had to come to a stop, hearing one of the cars honking. Daryl stops and we turn our heads back to see everyone climbing out of the cars.