𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟐

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟐
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐘 𝐁𝐎𝐗

────── ★★★ ──────

After watching Hook talk to Gothel for another hour and a half, the Jones man finally left the interrogation room. No one said a word as they waited for him to return, only for him to reenter his office with an urgent look on his face. The raven-haired man barely explained anything that happened in the room with the redheaded witch, making his three allies extremely annoyed. The only thing they could get out of him was their next destination. No one said a word as they piled into Hook's car before he drove them across town.

What felt like an eternity passed when Hook finally parked and got out of the car. Everly couldn't help but exchange a confused look with Sam before the two of them got out of the vehicle to join their partners. The Thorne woman's eyes scanned over the rundown-looking sign above them. It didn't seem like anything out of the ordinary, but Everly knew nothing was that simple. Especially not in Hyperion Heights.

"The candy store said this was the last place they delivered the chocolates to," Hook explained as he held open the shop door to let his partners inside. As soon as Sam stepped into the shop, the pirate captain followed and made sure the door closed behind him.

The overwhelming fragrances from the variety of flowers made Everly's head spin. Even though she grew up on an island covered with plant life, there were very few that gave off an odor. And if they did, everyone knew to stay away from them. She did her best to ignore it by looking around at all the bright colors that surrounded them. "You'd think a member of the occult would work somewhere less cheery."

"I think it's about to get a lot less cheery," Rumplestiltskin responded to Everly before everyone's attention landed on a heart-shaped box, something that Hook said Gothel told him about.

"Marzipan truffles," Hook sighed as he looked around for anyone working in the flower shop, "the woman who runs this place is the next target."

"Hello, there," a new voice called out, causing everyone's attention to turn toward a man in an apron walking over to them, "how can I help you?"

"Hyperion PD. We'd like to speak to the woman who received this package," the Dark One told the florist before looking down at the box on the counter, "a Luanna Hoffs-Drawler. Is she here?"

"No," the man responded with a hint of sadness in his voice that made Everly's heart wrench, "Luanne was my wife. She passed away years ago. What's this all about?"

Rumplestiltskin let out a long sigh before turning and walking out of the shop with Hook right behind him. Everly and Sam stayed back for a moment and exchanged a look, knowing something wasn't adding up. It wasn't long after that when Sam thanked the man for his time before they left the shop to catch up with their partners. Not even a second passed after they caught up with Hook and Rumplestiltskin when the latter started speaking.