𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐄

────── ★★★ ──────

It was the day after Halloween and the children of Hyperion Heights were still excited about the candy they received. The Thorne woman happily walked around the park on her patrol as she listened to the passing kids discuss where they scored the biggest candy bars. A small smile soon formed on the blonde's face at the sound of their happy laughter before her attention turned toward three kids sitting on one of the benches in the distance.

The smile on the Purest Heart's face slightly faltered as she watched Lucy, Fletcher, and Dawn whispering among themselves. She'd never seen more serious looks on the usually joyful and energetic group. Everly wanted nothing more than to rush over there and join their conversation. But she knew she couldn't. It would draw too much attention to herself as well as the three of them.

Everly forced herself to look away from the young trio and toward the water in the distance. Her eyes instantly fell on a couple of kids exchanging candy on the sandy shore before they moved toward Katherine, who was sitting on a bench watching Will play with Knight. When she finally turned back toward the park, the Thorne woman jumped back at the sight of two pairs of eyes staring back at her.

"What're you two doing here?" Everly questioned her children as they continued to stare up at her with smiles on their faces.

"We're trying to come up with a plan to get Uncle Henry to remember everything and we thought you could help us," Fletcher responded while he bounced up and down on his feet then he gestured toward the bench they were previously sitting on, "Lucy wanted to stay too but...you know how that is."

"And maybe we can even get Dad, Roland, and Cassie to remember everything," Dawn added as the smile on her face slowly grew.

"Roland's already awake," Everly said without thinking, causing the excitement in the twins' eyes to double before the former found enough courage to ask the one question that has been haunting her, "but how do you two remember?"

"At first we didn't. We were trapped in their fake world like everyone else," Dawn explained before she placed over at the twin and sent him a small nod, "that was until we ran into Alice one day and she gave us these."

The Thorne woman kept her eyes glued to the twins as they pulled out the necklaces they kept hidden under their shirts. Everly's blood instantly ran cold as she stared at the matching pieces of jewelry. The exact same ones that she and Felix gave to them the day they were born.

Her eyes stayed glued to their necklaces for a moment longer before she looked back up to meet their eyes. "Alice gave you these?"

"Yeah! She has a bunch of things from everyone's real lives!" Fletcher exclaimed then he forced his sister to turn around to dig through her backpack and pull out three small boxes, "she also gave us these."