𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟓

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟓
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐀

────── ★★★ ──────

It wasn't long before they finally arrived at a very tall tower. A chill ran throughout Roland's entire body as he stared up at the structure. If it wasn't the fog that gave it the creepy atmosphere, the moon glowing through the trees behind it did. It didn't take a genius to know this was where Alice was trapped. He was also grateful that Everly's "tower" was an island and not some tall structure. The tower was definitely something the Hood boy could live without seeing again.

He was soon pulled out of his thoughts by the sound of car doors slamming shut. After letting out a long sigh, Roland copied the girls' actions and got out of the car. A wave of sadness washed over him at the sight of Alice staring up at the tower.

"This is it, isn't it?"  Robin asked as she watched Alice take a few steps closer to the tower.

"Yep. For the first 6,205 days of my life...this was home sweet tower," the blonde girl said before taking another silent moment to stare at the tower, "I hate this place. I hate its stupid stones and its stupid turret and its dumb, mossy base. And I hate...I hate that all I've wanted to do since I left is come back. At least when I was trapped, I could have hope that when I got free, everything would be okay. But then I did. And it wasn't."

"Hey, hey, it's okay," Robin responded while taking a few steps toward Alice.

"No, no, it's not okay! Who in their right mind wants to be a prisoner?!" the blonde girl exclaimed as the latter turned around and faced the Hood siblings with tears in her eyes, "I've escaped these walls but I'm still bloody trapped. I'll never be free of it, will I?"

Without thinking twice, Roland took a few steps forward and pulled Alice into a tight hug. The girl went stiff in his arms for a moment, not used to that type of affection from anyone. However, it wasn't long before the blonde girl returned his gesture and hid her head in his shoulder. Robin watched from a distance, silently wishing to be in on their moment. But she couldn't figure out if it was because she wanted a hug from her brother or if it was because she wanted to be the one to comfort Alice.

Another moment passed before Roland carefully pushed Alice away from him while keeping his hands on her shoulders. A small smile formed on his face as he studied every inch of the blonde girl's face. After finally finding the words that he thought may help in his situation, the Hood boy finally opened his mouth to speak. "Don't be so hard on yourself, Alice. My Uncle Will always used to say 'some of the best people in this world are the mad ones.'"