𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐌𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐓

────── ★★★ ──────

Hours passed with Everly, Felix, and Cassie sitting in the hospital's waiting room. Their conversations were minimal as they watched the unconscious Lucy and her parents sitting in her hospital room. Despite her effort not to let her conversation with Lady Tremaine get to her, the Purest Heart couldn't stop replaying the woman's words in her head.

She didn't understand how she could've forgotten about her bond with Henry and what it would mean if he woke up from the Curse. With the magic restored, both Everly and Henry would succumb to whatever poison Drizella used on his heart. And even though she knew getting everyone's memories back was the right thing to do, magic couldn't come back into her life. It was too much of a risk and Everly wasn't ready to lose her family...not again.

Everly's thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of doors closing. Her attention instantly turned in the direction of the noise before her eyes landed on someone she never thought she'd see again. Without thinking twice, the Purest Heart jumped to her feet and walked across the lobby before pulling the redheaded woman in for a tight hug.

"Didn't think I'd see you back here any time soon," the blonde woman announced after ending her embrace with the woman in front of her, "it's good to see you again, Zelena."

"How did you know I was awake?" the former Wicked Witch questioned with a smile on her face and confusion in her eyes.

"You wouldn't be back here if you didn't," Everly responded, earning a small laugh from the redheaded woman before the former gestured towards Felix and Cassie in the chairs behind her, "and people have a tendency to wake up after the Truest Believer comes to town."

"I hate to break up the reunion, really I do," Regina said, drawing all attention towards her before she continued speaking, "but how is she?"

Chills instantly ran up Everly's spine as her smile faded while her eyes stayed locked with the Mills woman. It wasn't long after that when the blonde woman let out a long sigh and gestured towards the window behind them. "See for yourself."

Her words caused the two women to turn around while Everly went to stand beside Regina as the three of them stared at the Mills girl through the window. No one said a word as they watched Lucy's chest slowly rise and fall while Ella tightly clutched her daughter's hand. A knot formed in the pit of Everly's stomach as she stared at the small family. She couldn't even imagine going through what they were. It would've been even worse if they had their memories back.