𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄'𝐒 𝐃𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐋𝐆𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑

────── ★★★ ──────

While Henry and Emma continued to discuss her pregnancy, Everly watched the pirate captain standing next to her sister with curious eyes. In addition to the blank stares Killian sent her way, the man kept his wife at an odd distance while looking back and forth between the mother and son with conflict in his eyes. Every time Emma tried to get closer to him or even just hug him, the raven-haired man would either tense up or slightly move away from the blonde woman.

When she couldn't figure out what was wrong right away, Everly let out a sigh and tuned back into their conversation. Her grip around Cassie tightened while she tried to ignore her worries while she leaned further into Felix's side.

"Now, we both made mistakes, and we both can learn from them, and we both can do something good from the start," Emma rambled for a moment, only for the guilt that was plastered on Killian's face to deepen.

"I've always tried to do good," the pirate captain mumbled under his breath while keeping his eyes glued to the ground beneath his feet before looking back up to meet everyone's stares. His blue eyes glance around the clearing for a moment then he turns his full attention back to Emma, "I've...done something. I...I have to fix it."

Before anyone could respond to the man, Killian rushed down the forest trail after forcing his hand out of Emma's grasp. Everyone watched the raven-haired man disappear into the night before Everly looked back at her sister to find the Savior watching her husband with a shocked expression on her face.

A sigh passed over the Purest Heart's lips as she handed Cassie over to Felix before making her way over toward Emma. Once she reached the blonde, Everly used her thumb to wipe away the single tear that escaped Emma's eyes before placing her hands on her younger sister's shoulders.

"I'm gonna go after him and figure out what's going on then I'll bring him back," the blue-eyed woman told Emma, only to receive a small nod in response.

After sending one last smile her sister's way, Everly went back over to Felix to assure him and the rest of her group that she'd be back soon before placing a small kiss on Cassie's forehead. She took a step back while sharing one last look with her husband before Everly attempted to use her magic to take her to where Killian was, only for a small golden cloud to emit from her fingertips. A sigh passed over her lips as soon as she realized her magic didn't work properly in that realm before the blonde woman turned and sprinted after the pirate captain.