𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟏

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟏
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇'𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

────── ★★★ ──────

When Everly woke up the following morning, she found Cassie and Jasper sound asleep on the former's bedroom floor. Despite wanting to question the Tremaine boy about everything that had happened to him, the Purest Heart chose to let them sleep. The apartment was quiet as she walked into the kitchen and grabbed herself a bagel. After checking on her sleeping twins and saying a quick "goodbye" to Felix, the Thorne woman left her apartment and headed to her car.

Music quietly filled every inch of the Jeep as Everly drove towards the police station. After getting numerous texts from Rumplestiltskin throughout the night, the Purest Heart couldn't sleep. Her mind raced with different thoughts and reasons as to why someone was targeting witches. What did they have to gain by taking out magic users in a place where magic didn't exist?

Everly was also trying to figure out how one would define a "witch." Was it just someone who practiced magic? Or was there something else to it? After all, she was a magic user and had practiced it throughout her life, but she never thought of herself as a witch. And were they just targeting bad witches? Or were the good witches on their radar as well? All the unanswered questions made Everly fear for her safety, as well as Cassie's.

It wasn't long before Everly found herself pulling up to the police station. After parking her car and letting out a long sigh, the Thorne woman got out and headed inside. She walked into the building with a false smile and a bagel in hand. The Purest Heart greeted her peers as she walked through the halls toward where Rumplestiltskin said to meet. Along the way, she passed Alice, who seemed upset about something, before Everly found herself at her final destination.

"What's wrong with Tilly?" Everly asked as she sat down in the chair across from Hook and next to Sam.

"I'm not sure. It's just...Tilly being Tilly," the pirate captain told the two blondes in front of him before their attention fell on Rumplestiltskin, who had just walked into the room, "so what's the word on our blind baker?"

"Enjoying the finest medical care in Hyperion Heights," the Dark One announced as he sat down on the edge of Hook's desk, "I posted a patrol outside her room. My suspicion is, this killer goes for easy prey, so I've just made things a little bit more difficult. With a bit of luck, it'll help flush them out."

"So everyone in that cult is in danger, but we don't have a bloody clue who they are," Hook said without even attempting to hide the annoyance in his voice.

The four of them just sat there for what felt like an eternity before an idea popped into Everly's head. The Thorne girl instantly sat up in her chair, making the men turn their attention toward her right as she began speaking. "We might not know who they are but Elosie Gardener does."