Chapter 3: Rekindling

Start from the beginning

"Jake?!"

She called out, but he was already out cold. She didn't know what to do. She decided to bring him, or rather, leave him, in the nurses office before going to class. She's Trying to process everything she just heard, but she didn't get the full story yet... Hours later, Jake woke up in a panic. His breaths were quick and sharp, while his eyes were small with fear. Jake felt his hand shaking. He looked down at his hands, only to see both of them were shaking rapidly.

"What... What happened? I was on the roof... Hailey...!"

He realized, He.. passed out. Shit! He quickly got up, but immediately felt dizzy. He sat back down, holding his head.

"Agh..."

He groaned, but quickly got up and left after recovering. He dashed to the music club without thinking...

"HAILEY!"

Jake yelled, But quickly... went quiet. He didn't think this through. His eyes widened with complete fear. They were all there... Just like...

Flaaaaaaashhhh baaaaaaaack

The door swings open

"Alright peeps, Who's ready to rock n' ro-"

Jake froze mid sentence... Seeing Zander and Luke Comforting Hailey who was sobbing into her hands. Zander holding her phone. Luke glaring at Jake before looking at Hailey, only for Zander to take his eyes off his sister and glare at Jake. Hailey stopping herself from crying now.

"Hailey! Whats wrong?!"

Jake quickly asked, trying to reach her.

"Hey, What happened-?!"

Jake stopped talking... Being slapped across the face from a crying Milly...

Jake was snapped out of the memory when once again, he was slapped by Milly.

"What the HELL are you doing here?!"

She Growled lowly, Causing Jake's eyes to widen slightly, Backing up slightly

"I-"

The entire Club was Glaring at him, All except for Hailey... Who seemed conflicted...

"Milly..."

She started, Causing Milly to look back

"L..Leave him alone. Starting fights isn't..."

"But Hailey... He!"

"No, She's right... I deserved it..."

Jake started to talk, his gaze falling to the floor again.

"I deserve far worse... I'm... I'm sorry... I-I really didn't... mean to say all those-"

Zander Looked away, Grumbling.

"If you really regretted it, You wouldn't have said it in the first place."

Zander muttered, loud enough for Jake to hear.

"I..."

Jake looked down, What the hell was he thinking? Why did he rush off to here... He knew this would be a bad idea in the morning... so why now? Milly began to talk, Eyeing Jake with a expression of hurt and betrayal.

"I thought you were our Friend Jake! You blackmailed Zoey for me, You... You helped us all so much... Was it all just a big plot! Is that what it-"

"No! I swear! I swear I never planned any of this! I didn't want to hurt any of you! I didn't mean a word of what I said... Zanders right, I shouldn't have said it, even if I didn't mean it! I... I should have listened to you all... I..."

He was fumbling over his own words again, like earlier. This time, Hailey spoke.

"No... I told you Jake... You need to start making your own decisions, Not me, Not Drew, But you... You... You made your choice..."

Jakes eyes widened a bit more...

"Hailey... I..."

"Jake... Please, Just go... You're making things harder than they need to be... Go back to your friends... the ones who you stayed with..."

"...They're not my friends anymore... I...I was going to talk to them... I was going to try and make them stop... but... then..."

Jake trailed off, Looking to the floor.

"Jake..."

Hailey started, But clenched her teeth, Holding back what looked like tears. At this point, Zander started to walk towards him angrily.

"Get. Out."

Zander Muttered, Jake... finally conceded... His gaze fell, Nodding quietly as his eyes dulled even more, turning around and leaving, closing the door behind him.

That could have gone smoother... but, What else did he expect? The bell rang, and School had already ended. He saw the Club members leaving, none of them looked at him... Jake didn't want to make things any worse, so he decided to wait for them to be out of sight before then following. One by one they all went home until it was just Zander and Hailey. Zander and Hailey were talking, But Jake couldn't hear them. He's only going this way because his house was in this direction. They finally got home, and... Hailey saw him. Jake flinched, but he looked away quickly, Not trying to start anything. Zander didn't notice, they went inside, but... even though they were inside.... Jake could still feel her stare... He couldn't tell what that look was... He just.. assumed it was hatred.

His phone buzzed...

'Tomorrow, back on the rooftop. Let's talk.'

His eyes widened... She...

Another buzz

'and get better sleep this time, Idiot.'

He softly chuckled to himself, wiping his tear filled eyes. texting back

'Right...'

Maybe... Maybe there is still a chance then... to make things right.